BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2016 1:20:05 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
And a dozen Uzis appeared as if from nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
watch the day unfold. Never knew this existed:

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember where I was when I heard about it. Waiting at a pharmacy with mom to pic up a prescription of hers. She passed away June 7th that year.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time that this picture pops up.   I have to (brag) say that I know Bob.   We used to work together so to speak.   He also goes to our church when he is in town.   Some years ago My Father was in town, and I saw Bob at wall mart.  I said, Dad, I have to introduce you to someone.   So the two met.  

I got home and asked my Father if he would like to see who he had just met.   He was impressed.   I have always wanted to get a picture of myself with Bob.   Or better yet.   Have him sign the top cover of my Uzi.  

I do remember the day that Reagan was shot.   I was shopping with a buddy at a mall outside of Chicago, and it was on the news.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every time that this picture pops up.   I have to (brag) say that I know Bob.   We used to work together so to speak.   He also goes to our church when he is in town.   Some years ago My Father was in town, and I saw Bob at wall mart.  I said, Dad, I have to introduce you to someone.   So the two met.  

I got home and asked my Father if he would like to see who he had just met.   He was impressed.   I have always wanted to get a picture of myself with Bob.   Or better yet.   Have him sign the top cover of my Uzi.  

I do remember the day that Reagan was shot.   I was shopping with a buddy at a mall outside of Chicago, and it was on the news.
View Quote

Bob is the badass with the uzi?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in the 8th grade and remember our principal announcing this happening on the PA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't believe that it was 35 years ago.. The Senegalese papers reported that he had been killed.  We went a day believing that he had been assassinated!
IMHO, he was a great president, even with all his shortcomings! Changed my little 10 year old world  from 4000 miles away!

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Did anyone ever get the story from that guy?  Be an interesting story imo since its an iconic photo.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Remember the day well.  I was in 10th grade pulling out of school with my buddy who was old enough to drive.  We heard the news on the radio and immediately went home to Watch on tv. . Pretty big day for a young 15 year old.

Ronnie was the best President of my lifetime.  Wish we could find another one like him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
It blew my mind a few years ago when I found out Hinckley had used a .22

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Robert Wanko is his name.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Did anyone ever get the story from that guy?  Be an interesting story imo since its an iconic photo.
View Quote
My understanding is the S Service Agents sport coats were enlarged slightly so they could carry the UZI in a special pouch underneath the jacket.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in the Dentist chair at Lackland AFB when it happened. We liked him a lot and were pissed.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My understanding is the S Service Agents sport coats were enlarged slightly so they could carry the UZI in a special pouch underneath the jacket.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you look the briefcase is on the ground.  To the right. And the bolt to the uzi is in the closed position.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you look at the picture, out in the street, the open briefcase. Thats what the UZI was carried in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If you look the briefcase is on the ground.  To the right. And the bolt to the uzi is in the closed position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am saying in general. I remember they were carrying them in brief cases as well. Just something that has been stated a few times since the incident :)

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My vote for Badass of the day is Agent Tim McCarthy.  He is the agent who spread himself open between Reagan and the shooter, catching a round himself.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, beat me by 23 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#23]

If the guy has a FB he better have this one as his profile pic

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Do brown shoes really match that suit?

That was the day before my 7th birthday. I remember seeing it on ABC World News when I got home from school and seeing the graphics of the wound tracks in the Dallas Times Herald newspaper, but I was still really kind of young to put it in perspective. But now when I look back at the news footage, all I can think is that how we all used to dress, comb our hair and why we didn't carry better guns to protect the president.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]
JFA
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I was in 4th grade, Principal made an announcement over the PA.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I was 4.   Although I have vague memories of seeing it on the news at my Grandparent's house.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I was sitting at the bar in the Triangle Club in Juneau,Alaska.Late morning as i recall,i was just getting started.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I ruined my 25th birthday celebration.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I was 16 y/o high school kid when it happened.  I heard about it on the school PA system while in math class.
It made a big impact on me and I developed a hefty respect to what a lowly 22lr cartridge could do.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember the Day well, Hinckley had a .22
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]

And we got a great song from it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I remember the Day well, Hinckley had a .22
View Quote

Yes sir, he did.  He bought it from Snidely Whiplash's pawn shop/trading post in Lubbock, TX.  For many years afterwards, the owner had Hinckley's framed 4473 on the wall.

It's a small world, sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Who is who in the OP pic?  

Uzi agent is ID'ed upthread.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well you're not going to in the upcoming election
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember the day well.  I was in 10th grade pulling out of school with my buddy who was old enough to drive.  We heard the news on the radio and immediately went home to Watch on tv. . Pretty big day for a young 15 year old.

Ronnie was the best President of my lifetime.  Wish we could find another one like him.

Sadly true.  I dislike how politicians like to compare themselves to him.  He was good for us; he was good for the world.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#37]
My wife distinctly remembers getting pulled out of class and having to go to the principal's office because they thought her dad (USSS) had been shot. Fortunately, he was still inside the hotel and wasn't hurt.

ETA I've examined the RG-14 revolver that Hinckley used at their firearms library in Beltsville. It was a total POS that still changed the world.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I had been at my unit in Germany about a month when this happened.

We went on alert that night. I imagine many units did.

Alexander Haig exclaiming, "I'm in charge".

Crazy times...
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Was in 9th Grade....
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I had been at my unit in Germany about a month when this happened.

We went on alert that night. I imagine many units did.

Alexander Haig exclaiming, "I'm in charge".

Crazy times...
View Quote

Oh yea.......
Haig...

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sadly true.  I dislike how politicians like to compare themselves to him.  He was good for us; he was good for the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that people thought this at the time but with everything public information now I don't understand why people still say this. Amnesty, war on drugs, machine gun ban, starting framework of nafta, Brady bill, comments to ban assault weapons, restricting of ccw as california's governor, Medicare expansion, pushing the mentally ill on the streets...... Reagan should be hailed as one of the worst presidents, not deified like he is.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I was at sea, in my rack. I felt the boat come up to PD.  A few minutes later, over the 1MC came "THIS IS THE CAPTAIN SPEAKING.  THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN SHOT. NO FURTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE. THAT IS ALL".
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#43]

My Grandfather was standing 15 feet away in the group behind the wounded. He had been in the audience at the AFL-CIO before the shooting.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I remember the day vividly. While that was all going on I was at the hospital helping my wife deliver our oldest daughter.

Really didn't realize what bad happened till about 7 that night.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was at sea, in my rack. I felt the boat come up to PD.  A few minutes later, over the 1MC came "THIS IS THE CAPTAIN SPEAKING.  THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN SHOT. NO FURTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE. THAT IS ALL".
View Quote

Same announcement we got. It was weird.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#48]
So, here in my town, Garfield Heights, OH,  there's a street named "Antenucci" for the first man to tackle Hinkley.

From wikipedia:

"After the shooting, Alfred Antenucci, a Cleveland, Ohio, labor official who stood nearby Hinckley, was the first to respond. He saw the gun and hit Hinckley in the head, pulling the shooter down to the ground."
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#49]
i was in 8th grade Social Studies class..... my teacher really ripped in to one guy who yelled out "oh COOL!" when they made the announcement over the speaker....

That kid ended being a street wanderer.... used to see his name in the paper all the time for arrests
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You sir, are the deluded one.  All of those things which are true are to the "credit" of the Democrats.  That's how politics work when you have competing opposites in the three branches--and your side only holds one-third.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that people thought this at the time but with everything public information now I don't understand why people still say this. Amnesty, war on drugs, machine gun ban, starting framework of nafta, Brady bill, comments to ban assault weapons, restricting of ccw as california's governor, Medicare expansion, pushing the mentally ill on the streets...... Reagan should be hailed as one of the worst presidents, not deified like he is.

You sir, are the deluded one.  All of those things which are true are to the "credit" of the Democrats.  That's how politics work when you have competing opposites in the three branches--and your side only holds one-third.  

The executive branch holds veto authority. Not veto attempt was made on the amnesty bill nor when the Hughes was added last minute to the FOPA (after failing the house vote controlled by democrats). Then Reagan's personal remarks in favor of banning assault weapons when he wasn't even in office have nothing to do with Democrats. Reagan was an enemy to gun owners and should be remembered correctly for that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top