Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/9/2003 4:15:10 PM EDT
On 60 minutes tonight a VP of glock said he supports the ballistic fingerprinting and things we should try it on a national level!

Now if all you S&W haters are consistant you should hate glock as they have head people supporting something even worse.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that myself a few minutes ago. I feel the same way. Glock is now collecting shell casings for fingerprinting. I'm pretty sure I have bought my last new handgun.

Fred
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Just swap out the parts when you buy it and keep them as emergency spares. That is what I do.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
links?  transcripts?
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]

My new G30 came with the casing(two of them) enclosed with the gun.

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Son-of-a-politically-correct-fudge-packing-government-cock-sucking-rump-ranger-bitch!

Oh well. Maybe now I can justify the cost of a Sig or H-K.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit.[shock]

Fire mission.

GLOCK Inc. USA, Canada
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
Tel.:  +1 770 - 432 1202
Fax.: +1 770 - 433 8719
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The kicker too is that the VP was a former prosecutor!

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The Glock VP made a serious marketing mistake.  It will come back to bite him.

Glock's position is now more onerous than was Smith & Wesson's deal with the Clinton administration.

It will cost them customers and business.  The loyal following Glock has enjoyed for years now has a dilemma of confidence on their hands.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be buying a new weapon in the next 30days... a Glock was on my contenders list. NOT any more. Looks like it'll be another Walther, FN, or HK.

Son of a bitch, I hope this hurts 'em bad. Although I bet half their sales are to LE and they just might find away to increase that with this anti 2nd bullshit!

I'll be calling the HQ in Austria in a few hours when they wake up. (Tel.:  +43 (0) 2247 - 90300 - 0   -- If anyone cares)
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll make a bet that the statement is retracted.  There may be a VP looking for a new job next week also.  This won't go over well for them at all.  For Glock, the SHTF senerio is on the horizon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy shit.[shock]

Fire mission.

GLOCK Inc. USA, Canada
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
Tel.:  +1 770 - 432 1202
Fax.: +1 770 - 433 8719
View Quote

Here is their toll free number:

(866) 225-4098

Call them and raise hell!!!!!!

I just purchased my first Glock. This really pisses me off. Now it's really a love/hate relationship.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw it and was DISGUSTED by Glock.  I feel like burning my Glock 21.  I won't.  I will SALE it and buy a 1911.  I  won't buy another Glock anytime soon (probably never since I don't like them all that much anyway).

For those of you who think its no big deal consider the following.

1) It is a big deal when any gun manfacturer supports gun legislation.  That weakens our position across the board.

2) It is EXPENSIVE to change out the parts on a Glock or any other automatic.  Why should I have to pay $300 bucks on top of the money I just paid to get my gun out of the government data base?  That amounts to a tax on automatics.

3) It is VERY HARD and EXPENSIVE to change out all the parts on a revolver.  You can't just drop in a new barrel.  You can replace the barrel, IF you have a replacement (which isn't always easy to find), but generally it is expensive and requires a gun smith.

4) Registratio= First Step towards CONFISCATION.  That's a simple fact.  I know that a lot of you don't spend a lot of time around liberal anti-gunners.  I do (unfortunately).  Those people are VERY serious about banning guns FOREVER.  They are NOT trying to enact reasonable regulations.  They are trying to take your guns.  Anytime we compromise with them, we lose ground and they gain it.  Its that simple.

5) Some people say that they will never use their guns to commit a crime so it doesn't matter.  This is false.  I have heard anti-gunners state things like "one advantage of banning all guns is that you will know that anyone who has one is a criminal."  Think about that.  Anyone who has a gun is a criminal.  The crime that you commit might just be keeping your gun.  That is what they will track you down for.  So be sure to pick up those spare shells at the range.

Remember Folks:

[b]YOU ARE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US.  PICK A TEAM."[/b]

Glock appears to have picked their team, and it ain't the same one I'm on.

-Southern
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't own a glock and won't be buying one.
I thought they were over rated any.
View Quote

Ditto.  

-934, [s]Looking to buy a G27.[/s]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#19]
In the context of the entire Sixty Minutes program, the Glock VP is now in opposition to Wayne Pierre and the NRA.  The more I think about it the more disgusted I am with the Glock VP for letting himself get used like that by the anti's.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#21]
You can still get around it. It says on NEW guns. Have a buddy buy the gun who is in another state then "buy" it from him. It is now considered used and not required for the BF'ing. It will cost you a little more but you get a clean gun.

The problem is that there is a high ranking official in glock that supports it nation wide and said so on TV. Now there will likely be the anti's saying "see even the gun makers support "common sense" laws"

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#22]
It was also said on the show that ZERO crimes have been solved in NY or MD by the use of BF.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Glocks are great guns, I carry a 27 everytime I leave my house. I'm not gonna commit any crimes so why exactly do I care if they have a shell casing from my gun? If I murder someone I have more to worry about than a shell casing sitting in a fed warehouse somewhere, if my gun is ever stolen I will report it as so. IMHO the gun I carry must go [b]BOOM[/b] everytime I pull the trigger....give me my Glock which has never had a FTF or a FTE.
View Quote

I guess you support Licensing and Registration, afterall you probably wont be using your gun(s) in crimes, you shouldnt mind if the government keeps track of them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Glock doesn't need or care about your business.  They sell thousands of guns to LE every year.  

Unlike S&W, non-LEO sales are a small portion of their business.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Ha! I knew there was a good reason for going with the XD! [BD]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p2c2ff61e06e4b8fc717dbddead382ab3/fcb38683.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You can still get around it. It says on NEW guns. Have a buddy buy the gun who is in another state then "buy" it from him. It is now considered used and not required for the BF'ing. It will cost you a little more but you get a clean gun.
View Quote

Ahh, but the next step will be to require EVERY transfer to be recorded and 'fingerprinted'.  This will happen after the 'new only' fingerprinting fails to have any effect.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It was also said on the show that ZERO crimes have been solved in NY or MD by the use of BF.

SorryOciffer
View Quote

And what's even more revealing about CBS and Sixty Minutes true agenda is that after saying exactly what you quoted, the talking head gave that as a reason to have a National Ballistic Fingerprinting Database.  If a program doesn't work on the state level, we must submit to its failure on the national level as well.  Especially as the talking head said, to get to a national registration system.  But he said the national registration WOULD NOT LEAD TO CONFISCATION.  We can believe him, he said it on TV.

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Great. Another manufacturer that is willing to bend over backwards to please everyone except for the people who actually buy their products.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#31]
The people here who don't see the harm live in the world of the politically naive and ignorant.  I'm not trying to flame you.  But we will LOOSE if we keep giving up ground and getting NOTHING in return.  It is ALWAYS harmful when we agree to a regulation and get NOTHING back.

Once again, the CRIME you commit, might just be OWNING a gun.  Don't kid yourself.  These people don't give a shit about law enforcement.  What they want is to disarm the American people.  Anytime you let them get away with something, you are LOSING ground.

Glock is advocating that we agree to this scheme even though we are getting nothing in exchange.  That's not a compromise.  That's a situation where they win and we get nothing.

The next topic WILL BE REGISTRATION.  Once they get the guns fingerprinted then they will register them.  Then the next step will be confiscation.

I know that some of you don't realize this. But you are DEAD WRONG and you just don't get it.

Its time to realize that you are either WITH US or AGAINST US.  There is no middle ground.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#32]
The good folks on Glock Talk seem either oblivious to what the Glock VP said or not want to discuss it.  The subject was broached once and is quickly falling off their radar screen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#34]
It should be said that it was not said that it was glocks official stance however a high ranking officer in the corp would be in doo doo I would think if expressed it without company ok, it would be bad PR or misleading.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks are great guns, I carry a 27 everytime I leave my house. I'm not gonna commit any crimes so why exactly do I care if they have a shell casing from my gun? If I murder someone I have more to worry about than a shell casing sitting in a fed warehouse somewhere, if my gun is ever stolen I will report it as so. IMHO the gun I carry must go [b]BOOM[/b] everytime I pull the trigger....give me my Glock which has never had a FTF or a FTE.
View Quote

I guess you support Licensing and Registration, afterall you [red]probably[/red] wont be using your gun(s) in crimes, you shouldnt mind if the government keeps track of them.
View Quote

Wrong, I [b]won't[/b] be using my guns in crimes. I already have to register them with the Las Vegas Police so what's new? You can go and boycott Glock for the rest of eternity but I [b]PERSONALLY[/b] would rather have a gun that works and a shell casing in a warehouse somewhere than a gun I'm not so sure will work and no casing. Glock has been doing the shell casing thing for a year now, why are you all of a sudden upset?

View Quote

Well, I guess when it is a crime to own a gun you will meakly turn yours in.  

Thanks for the sell out...
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Man Wolfpack, you act like Glocks are the only pistols worth using. There are plenty of other super reliable guns out there. My Kimber 1911 and my friend's Sig 220, for example. Boycotting Glock will show Beretta, HK, Sig, SA, etc. what they should do to keep the private customers' business.

Besides, Glock triggers suck. Time to leave Glock behind, move on, and never look back.

I was planning on getting a Glock 36. But now it'll be the Kimber Ultra Carry. I bite my thumb at Glock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You guys are doing a lot of talking [b]here[/b], I don't see anyone posting emails that they sent to Glock...why? Another thing...ever heard of a private party sale? Almost every single gun I own has no yellow sheet on it...do it!
View Quote

Erm, think for a minute...

Private Sales are an endangered species, they are already being targeted by the anti's.

If, and when, they have their way EVERY transaction will have to go through a dealer, some states already require this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You guys are doing a lot of talking [b]here[/b], I don't see anyone posting emails that they sent to Glock...why?
View Quote

Glock Email addresses are unpublished, that's why. Even their domain records point to a generic account at earthlink where they have their DNS servers.

So, being late at nite on a Sunday, there is not a lot of action to be taken until their switchboard opens up in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Pffft

Another manufacturer shitlisted! Oh well, Sigs and HKs are better guns anyway.

I haven't bought a Ruger since 1990. It has been about that long since I bought a Smith or a Colt.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#43]
This is NOT new. Glock has been supporting this program for at least 3 years. I stopped buying Glock back then. I thought everyone knew.

A few years back when MD started their ballistic fingerprint program Glock was one of the first to particiapte so that Glocks could be sold in MD.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#44]
EVERYONE! GO TO GLOCK'S WEB SITE AND EMAIL THEM, CALL THEM, AND WRITE THEM LETTERS! DEMAND THAT THEY CHANGE THEIR STANCE ON THIS ISSUE.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE OR USE GLOCKS THEIR STATEMENT HURTS THE 2ND ADMENDMENT!
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's a link to tonights 60 Minutes episode which I did see.

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml[/url]

but strangely the Ballistic Fingerprint story doesn't seem to be there.

And while it's true that ANY manufacture who want to sell handguns uin MD must participate with this program, unlike Glock, most don't endorse the program.

Glock thinks it is a good idea and should go national.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The good folks on Glock Talk seem either oblivious to what the Glock VP said or not want to discuss it.  The subject was broached once and is quickly falling off their radar screen.
View Quote

Not surprising. I would imagine quite a few of GT'ers would be in favor of it actually.

[blue]I'm sure kittens will show up sooner or later in that thread though.[/blue]
View Quote

[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I dont have this problem. I have seen to many of them that have blown up, and know the kompany that makes them are willing to sell out the private sector....stupid. Glock does not care, there leo market will float there boat and make "GLOCK" a more sought after name. There was a time when I was a kid that everyone wanted nikes....they still suck.

SNS

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are doing a lot of talking [b]here[/b], I don't see anyone posting emails that they sent to Glock...why?
View Quote

Glock Email addresses are unpublished, that's why. Even their domain records point to a generic account at earthlink where they have their DNS servers.

So, being late at nite on a Sunday, there is not a lot of action to be taken until their switchboard opens up in the morning.
View Quote

mullen@dietcoke mullen $ dig glock.com mx

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2rc1 <<>> glock.com mx
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56665
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 4

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;glock.com.                     IN      MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
glock.com.              21600   IN      MX      10 store-forward.mspring.net.
glock.com.              21600   IN      MX      3 mail1.glock.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
glock.com.              21600   IN      NS      speakeasy.earthlink.net.
glock.com.              21600   IN      NS      hearsay.earthlink.net.
glock.com.              21600   IN      NS      rumor.earthlink.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
mail1.glock.com.        21600   IN      A       212.152.154.155
speakeasy.earthlink.net. 1004   IN      A       207.69.188.200
hearsay.earthlink.net.  1004    IN      A       207.69.188.201
rumor.earthlink.net.    1064    IN      A       207.69.188.202

;; Query time: 1114 msec
;; SERVER: 24.25.195.1#53(24.25.195.1)
;; WHEN: Sat Feb  8 06:19:13 2003
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 239

The Earthlink servers are just fallover mail servers and that's it. They have a real mailserver in Austria.

And:

mullen@dietcoke mullen $ nslookup -sil www.glock.com

Non-authoritative answer:
www.glock.com   canonical name = glock.com.
Name:   glock.com
Address: 64.82.110.233

mullen@dietcoke mullen $ nslookup -sil mail1.glock.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   mail1.glock.com
Address: 212.152.154.155

mullen@dietcoke mullen $

The Earthlink must be a mirror of their DNS to make queries quicker.

Anyway, for the non-technical people, you might be able to send mail to [email protected] or send it to the VP.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Pffft

Another manufacturer shitlisted! Oh well, Sigs and HKs are better guns anyway.

I haven't bought a Ruger since 1990. It has been about that long since I bought a Smith or a Colt.
View Quote

Point in fact - I just purchased a brand new Colt 1911 and had it customized. - When it came from the factory, it had a $10 off a 1 year NRA Membership coupon in it... I wonder if Colt is changing it's ways?

Most of you may say "hell no", but I was still happy to see that.

Eric
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My Walther P-22 came with 2 expended cartridges...BAN WALTHER!!!
View Quote

Look, I'll use small words so that you can understand.  Your Walther came with casings to comply with MD law.  If the gun was sold in MD the dealer would have had to turn the casing in to the state.  You got yours because you live in a state with no such stupid law.  This Glock VP wants to take it to the National level, meaning that your pistol would NOT have come with the cases because the Feds would have it.  No matter how you look at it it's defacto legislation and I can't believe you can't see that!  Oh well they've been doing it for years is no defence to sit on your ass and take it!  Wake up!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top