Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2014 10:29:46 AM EDT
TakeOnTheCode.  I wrote an article about it but I'll sum it up here.  I think it's a housewife running a nice tax dodge.  Her site has no real stances on anything.  However, I'm curious as to see what the hive mind finds out on this organization.  Right now I don't think it's Bloomberg funded but it IS based in NYC.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I sorta reached out to the founder, we'll see if she responds.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like another liberal member of the FSA
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the "Don't be a dumbass" message, BUT, this looks kinda fishy. I get the sense this might be a new face of the same monster.

edit: No mention of the 4 Rules on a "gun safety site" is pretty questionable...
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Vague website is vague.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Really thinking liberal housewife trying to get on the non profit gravy train.  We'll see if she responds to my message.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I read the FAQ and it appears they are only in it to preach actual gun safety vs. a particularl political agenda but I don't trust them any further than I could throw them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read the FAQ and it appears they are only in it to preach actual gun safety vs. a particularl political agenda but I don't trust them any further than I could throw them.
View Quote

Tax dodge being ran out of her house in NYC, I'm betting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Anti gun seems to be using the safety angle for regulation . The gun stories are almost all accidents , They want to be MADD for guns . They have a plan and are not our friends . They sensationalize the facts . Ignoring the many things , Like drowning is the second leading killer of under 15 children.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll bet they already have their irs exemption, and have applied for .gov grants.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The two that matter on that list are "all guns locked an unloaded" and "accountable at all times for the guns I own" ie onerous storage regulations and gun registration. Fuck that bitch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh, and the "I will be trained" part ie onerous Chicago-CCW style mandatory training before you are allowed to keep your registered gun in your approved and inspected safe.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
edit: No mention of the 4 Rules on a "gun safety site" is pretty questionable...
View Quote

Yeah.  This one is odd.

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]
"I will keep all of my guns unloaded, locked, and properly stored when not in use."

Yeahhhhh.....no.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The two that matter on that list are "all guns locked an unloaded" and "accountable at all times for the guns I own" ie onerous storage regulations and gun registration. Fuck that bitch.
View Quote

Yeah there's a lot to pick apart on that scabby surface to expose the oozing abscess within.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#16]
In certain countries such as Australia you need to give permission to the local authorities to come in and inspect your gun storage security.  This organization would probably support having the government here "help" us reach that objective.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In certain countries such as Australia you need to give permission to the local authorities to come in and inspect your gun storage security.  This organization would probably support having the government here "help" us reach that objective.
View Quote

What happens to you and/or you privilege to own said guns if you say "No thanks." to their voluntary inspection?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"I will keep all of my guns unloaded, locked, and properly stored when not in use."

Yeahhhhh.....no.
View Quote

Indeed.

The only gun that I have that isn't at least Condition 3 is one that I happen to have no ammo for.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anti gun seems to be using the safety angle for regulation . The gun stories are almost all accidents , They want to be MADD for guns . They have a plan and are not our friends . They sensationalize the facts . Ignoring the many things , Like drowning is the second leading killer of under 15 children.
View Quote

I think you nailed it with the MADD bit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Evolve is 501c3 pending. Donations will be tax-deductible upon approval of 501c3.

Culture change requires a consistent, long-term commitment, but its effects are profound and can last forever. We at Evolve will persevere in our pursuit of making gun safety and responsibility just as important as the right that preceded it.

Our efforts are supported by the generosity of people like you who share our commitment to gun responsibility.
If you are interested in making a gift or donation please send your contribution to:

Evolve Together INC
P.O Box 1649
New York, NY 10159

I would bet its just another offshoot of OFA (obama fucking America)
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Trojan horse.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Idiot
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I will not listen to gun safety suggestions from someone who knows absolutely nothing about them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Found her other Twitter account.  Don't be too crass, hit her with logic.

https://twitter.com/TheGunMaiden
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#25]

I believe that owning a gun is not just a right.

View Quote

So they do acknowledge that it is indeed a right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

If she's the Gun. Maiden, why does her avatar only have a sword?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And can she prove that she's a maiden?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Really thinking liberal housewife trying to get on the non profit gravy train.  We'll see if she responds to my message.
View Quote

Why?  Its not like gun control groups (besides MAIG and MDA, which are Bloomturd funded) get a lot in donations...
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't trust anything that comes outta new york, not even the pizza.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why?  Its not like gun control groups (besides MAIG and MDA, which are Bloomturd funded) get a lot in donations...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beats working and she might be angling for Bloomberg money.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess thats possible.  Just seems like a pipe dream.  What sort of tax write off will she have with no donations as a non profit?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Reminds me if the young competitive shooter that called gun owners scary because they didn't have chamber flags in their rifle at a rally.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The founder of that website, Rebecca Bond, was on Tom Gresham's Guntalk.  You can hear the interview here (about 7:45)

Campaign donations from a Rebecca Bond in the 10011 zip code of NY:
$5,000 to the DNC and $2,500 to Gabby Gifford's PAC?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the way Bloomberg has been throwing around money, I've thought about setting up a group myself just to fund my ammo stash.  Did you read all the emails from NYC Mayor's Office that Judicial Watch uncovered?  There were shitbags crawling out of the woodwork to dance like a monkey for Bloomberg in return for cash.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The founder of that website, Rebecca Bond, was on Tom Gresham's Guntalk.  You can hear the interview here (about 7:45)

Campaign donations from a Rebecca Bond in the 10011 zip code of NY:
$5,000 to the DNC and $2,500 to Gabby Gifford's PAC?
View Quote

Excellent find and thanks!  Adding to blog post.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#36]
And....

Rational Gun
@RationalGun

@TheGunMaiden I'm getting the feeling you really don't know much about guns nor violence statistics.goo.gl/MDCBZh - 24 Mar

The Gun Maiden
@TheGunMaiden
 Follow Follow  

@RationalGun I'm getting the feeling you don't know much about marketing. But bad 'journalism', yes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Watch @TheGunMaiden on Twitter.  Suggestions welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top