Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2013 9:28:07 AM EDT
i needed something from them and it was the cheapest.  I don't have a prime account, but my cousin does.  I asked him to order it for me, but he just gave me his ID and password and told me to order it myself.  I logged on and noticed his 3 sibling were riding the same account, so with me it would be five total.

so is there a limit on how many people can use one prime account? Seems to better deal to do so and split up the cost of the yearly fee

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe its 6?

The Originator of the Amazon prime account can add up to 6 other people's accounts and obtain free shipping for those accounts.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I always thought it was 4.  Maybe I remembered wrong or it changed.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
As a 'rider' on the prime account though, you don't get the other perks (video on demand/streaming for free/etc).  I've been riding on a prime account for several years now.  It is fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe its 6?

The Originator of the Amazon prime account can add up to 6 other people's accounts and obtain free shipping for those accounts.
View Quote

Yeah I think it's six. It's myself, three of our locations plus their respective managers (2).
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh shit, my wife and I both bought one
View Quote

Lawyers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think you can cancel any time and get your money back
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i needed something from them and it was the cheapest.  I don't have a prime account, but my cousin does.  I asked him to order it for me, but he just gave me his ID and password and told me to order it myself.  I logged on and noticed his 3 sibling were riding the same account, so with me it would be five total.

so is there a limit on how many people can use one prime account? Seems to better deal to do so and split up the cost of the yearly fee

View Quote

He can add you to the account without handing out the user/pass.  But, since it's not your account, who cares?

Have fun with it!  Don't forget to check out the free video section.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Can one of ya'll hook me up with a freebie?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Amazon says up to four household members can enjoy the shipping benefits
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#12]
The only people that can ride on your account are other people living in your household.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't know you could 'ride' the Prime account...  I think we'll be looking into this.

I've just been ordering stuff with her account and keeping my Wish Lists on mine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Sadly, I'm realizing that shipping isnt "free". It's merely built into the price of things.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sadly, I'm realizing that shipping isnt "free". It's merely built into the price of things.

View Quote

yeah but the other suckers without prime pay an additional shipping fee so in the long run Amazon and Prime members make out like bandits..
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only people that can ride on your account are other people living in your household.

View Quote

Although the Terms of Service do say that, they do not enforce it. My Dad in TN uses mine without issue.
IIRC, both parties need to know the birthdates of the other to confirm the invitation to share the membership.

Shipping benefit only, no streaming video for people you share with.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

but there is no tax....

make sure to claim it all on your state tax form at the end of the year like everyone else that uses Amazon .
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha!

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe. I had no problem putting in my own address, name and credit card.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Just sign in as the other guy and ship it to your address as a gift.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I think it's five. I have my mom and brother on mine, and I've still got more slots.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't even know you could add other people to it.   Guess I'll add my dad.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

but there is no tax....

make sure to claim it all on your state tax form at the end of the year like everyone else that uses Amazon .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but there is no tax....

What is a state tax form?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but there is no tax....

Doesn't matter for us, since they charge Texas state sales tax now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe 5 or so. I have my gf on mine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Manager Your Prime Memberships

Here's ya's go's.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#27]
If I let someone ride my Amazon Prime account (b/c they live in my household), do they then have access to my account, such that they can see everything I've bought / put on my wishlist?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If I let someone ride my Amazon Prime account (b/c they live in my household), do they then have access to my account, such that they can see everything I've bought / put on my wishlist?
View Quote

no

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Just thought I'd add this also, The originator of the account is the only one who gets the free streaming media. I tried hooking my dad up on my account but he only gets the free shipping, which is still nice.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but there is no tax....

There's a way around that
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Amazon is dang amazing. Got it this afternoon. Why pay for the next day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top