Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2013 4:56:08 PM EDT
A few days ago I saw a post the had a portrait of revolutionary soldiers using AR's in the place of their muzzle loaders...............tried to search for it with no luck.

Anybody got a link??
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
This is something I would like to see.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
taggage
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I have that pic, I'll check

ETA:  Yep, that's it

Goes nicely with my avatar....
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Must not have searched very hard. First result in google searching "American Revolution AR15"

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
One vendor had a really cool sketch of a minuteman with an AR.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I posted it here one time, its a modified early Don Troiani painting of Lexington.  All I did was link the image from another site and was informed via PM that Don was not at all happy about the modification to his work, and advised that I should not be distributing via web postings this unauthorized mod.  Since I want to stay in the good graces of one of the most prolific collectors of Rev war militara, I took down the link.  If you can not find it with a simple google image search, then I would say that Don's lawyers have done a good job getting rid of it.....

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah..........that's it..........know were I could buy a print??
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I have this one saved, not sure if it's the only one out there: EDIT: beat multiple times
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
That battle would have been over in about 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Imma get that shit on velvet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah..........that's it..........know were I could buy a print??

The original painting was done by Don for the National Guard Bureau.  If you know someone in the Guard, they should be able to order you a print.  Now if you want the modified one with the AR, print off one of the images in this thread

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I posted it here one time, its a modified early Don Troiani painting of Lexington.  All I did was link the image from another site and was informed via PM that Don was not at all happy about the modification to his work, and advised that I should not be distributing via web postings this unauthorized mod.  Since I want to stay in the good graces of one of the most prolific collectors of Rev war militara, I took down the link.  If you can not find it with a simple google image search, then I would say that Don's lawyers have done a good job getting rid of it.....

Dude needs to chill this is good advertising for her,  no one had heard of downfall till all then parodies came out
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Would make a GREAT NRA sponsored mural on the side of a building in a big city.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's on the internet, it's NEVER going away.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#17]

I knew the Stoner platform is getting a little dated but DAMN...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top