Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2013 8:25:07 AM EDT
I posted this in Hometown but figured I would bring you guys in.

I spent 12 hours at the Capitol yesterday. Opposition to these bills was huge. We easily had a 10 to 1 advantage in numbers. The few supporters of the bills quickly grew uncomfortable in the listening rooms and left but not before telling on us and sending in the hall monitors to hush us. But that did not stop patriots from being heard.

There were many who circled the Capitol honking their horns and it had it's effect. The honking could be heard in many places throughout the building but especially in the old Supreme Court Chambers. This infuriated Irene Aguilar and others who said they couldn't believe the hostility on the side of gun owners and how rude the honking was. They have not yet seen angry or hostile yet.

Conservatives brought expert witnesses with facts, logic, and common sense. The Liberals brought emotional stories and citizens of other states and countries. The committee meetings were filled with people who opposed the bills. One Senator even asked for a show of hands in favor of 1224 (magazine restrictions) and then opposed. Those apposing greatly outnumbered those supporting. So much so that it brought laughter from the crowd. But this didn't stop Democrat senators from going against the will of the people and passing the bill.

Yesterday was disheartening but it has only strengthened my resolve. I will continue seeking out every peaceful avenue available. I will go as far as moving my family. But I will not comply!

Here are some pictures

Magpul Ride

Lines waiting to get into the committee meeting

Hell freezing over after lunch

Here is a video someone else took of the activity outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsIGOfh4Dec&feature=player_embedded
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I spent 12 hours at the Capitol yesterday. Opposition to these bills was huge. We easily had a 10 to 1 advantage in numbers. The few supporters of the bills quickly grew uncomfortable in the listening rooms and left but not before telling on us and sending in the hall monitors to hush us. But that did not stop patriots from being heard.

There were many who circled the Capitol honking their horns and it had it's effect. The honking could be heard in many places throughout the building but especially in the old Supreme Court Chambers. This infuriated Irene Aguilar and others who said they couldn't believe the hostility on the side of gun owners and how rude the honking was. They have not yet seen angry or hostile yet.

Conservatives brought expert witnesses with facts, logic, and common sense. The Liberals brought emotional stories and citizens of other states and countries. The committee meetings were filled with people who opposed the bills. One Senator even asked for a show of hands in favor of 1224 (magazine restrictions) and then opposed. Those apposing greatly outnumbered those supporting. So much so that it brought laughter from the crowd. But this didn't stop Democrat senators from going against the will of the people and passing the bill.

Yesterday was disheartening but it has only strengthened my resolve. I will continue seeking out every peaceful avenue available. I will go as far as moving my family. But I will not comply!

Bravo!
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo!

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
So what is the current status of gun bills in CO?  Is the mag bill now off to the senate? Or Governor?
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo!

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So what is the current status of gun bills in CO?  Is the mag bill now off to the senate? Or Governor?

They all passed the Senate committees.  They are going to a full Senate vote next and on to the Governor.  Governor Hickenpooper said he would sign them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The Democrats don't realize they are giving Colorado back to the Republicans with this move.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Democrats don't realize they are giving Colorado back to the Republicans with this move.

I have hope that this will happen.  Recall notices being served, a sense of purpose with supporters of the 2A, and these votes staying in our minds during the next election.  A lack of marijuana legalization legislation bills next time around may decrease the Progressive turnout.

Like I said, I can hope!  I am not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They don't care. The damage will have been done and in an election cycle or two they will have the votes again (especially if the emperor "fixes" immigration).
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This infuriated Irene Aguilar and others who said they couldn't believe the hostility on the side of gun owners and how rude the honking was.
They have not yet seen angry or hostile yet.!

She and many others are going to be in for a huge surprise if and when gun owners do become hostile.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This infuriated Irene Aguilar and others who said they couldn't believe the hostility on the side of gun owners and how rude the honking was.

She and many others are going to be in for a huge surprise if and when gun owners do become hostile.

Yes, let's hope it never comes down to that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bravo!

+1XXX
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Good going 315.

I just dont understand how it seem ALL Democrats are almost crazy anti-gun. And like you say, regardless of what the public wants.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good going 315.

I just dont understand how it seem ALL Democrats are almost crazy anti-gun. And like you say, regardless of what the public wants.

It is clear that politicians have forgotten that they are there in office to move the will of the people forward and not to further their own personal agenda. You could see their contempt for the citizens in their eyes and I mean that literally.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1) they aren't

2) so what? republicans NEVER repeal the laws dems lay before them.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Did you hear the guy, who after the passing on of 1224, yell at Aguilar that she should stand with Coloradoans, and not D.C.? That was me. I was in the front of the room for most of the day.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, let's hope it never comes down to that

I REALLY hope this doesn't turn bad.  I am very concerned, especially for those misguided Senators and Representatives who think these bills are a good idea.  We need to pray for their safety.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, let's hope it never comes down to that.

While that's a great sentiment....one has to wonder if there is any other message that will work on these commie cocksuckers.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did you hear the guy, who after the passing on of 1224, yell at Aguilar that she should stand with Coloradoans, and not D.C.? That was me. I was in the front of the room for most of the day.

That was beautiful, we all appreciated that!
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#21]
They know they are governing agaisnt the will of the people. They don't care. That's the part that should scare the hell out of them, but somehow it doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They know they are governing agaisnt the will of the people. They don't care. That's the part that should scare the hell out of them, but somehow it doesn't.

Because they know as long as the bread and circuses last, they will not face any real uprising for their actions and once passed these laws will not be repealed by the bag of pussies known as the GOP leadership.  If you pin your hopes on retaking the majority in Colorado vs killing this bill right now you are a fool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard from some that it managed to make it onto the online feed, as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard from some that it managed to make it onto the online feed, as well.

It certainly made it into the listening rooms.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Because they know as long as the bread and circuses last, they will not face any real uprising for their actions and once passed these laws will not be repealed by the bag of pussies known as the GOP leadership.  If you pin your hopes on retaking the majority in Colorado vs killing this bill right now you are a fool.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I was a bit surprised that we ourselves didn't have 10 times the turn out that we did.  At this point showing up in person needs to take priority over, work, vacation, etc.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, let's hope it never comes down to that

I REALLY hope this doesn't turn bad.  I am very concerned, especially for those misguided Senators and Representatives who think these bills are a good idea.  We need to pray for their safety.

Pray for their safety while they legislate your safety away.....  Good one!

Oh you were serious?!?
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They know they are governing against the will of the people. They don't care. That's the part that should scare the hell out of them, but somehow it doesn't.

And this is why it's the politicians that are rounded up in the town square and dealt with right after a revolution.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This isn't new.  They're elected now. Come reelection time the Dems ignore the issue... Aww fuck it....... I'm preaching to the choir here. I admire your tenacity, perseverence, and yeah, your belief in  the system.  I just don't have it anymore.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Next time, you need to swarm them with torches and pitchforks.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I've added some pictures and a video.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've added some pictures and a video.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good going 315.

It is clear that politicians have forgotten that they are there in office to move the will of the people forward and not to further their own personal agenda. You could see their contempt for the citizens in their eyes and I mean that literally.

Look at obamas first term.

The left just disregarded ANYTHING that didn't go with their agenda.

Hell, NO ONE wanted obamacare. Look at how the townhall meetings went. Yet here we are, stuck with it.

The fucking libs will keep doing whatever they want, openly or not, right up to the point they get hauled off to jail. Then the left will try to get them pardoned, while insisting the right does the same thing.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Great show of support
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I will try to dig up some more pictures.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Here are some pictures

Magpul Ride

http://i.imgur.com/NUv6hBI.jpg

Lines waiting to get into the committee meeting

http://i.imgur.com/cFeZi6a.jpg

Hell freezing over after lunch

http://i.imgur.com/aOQK8jw.jpg

Here is a video someone else took of the activity outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsIGOfh4Dec&feature=player_embedded

and best of luck. I always enjoy going to the legislature. Luckily for us it's only every other year.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#37]

That Magpul truck will look tits with some Texas plates on it!

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Just to give you an idea of what things look like in other states, Maryland had the House hearing last Friday.

There were 1307 people who testified in opposition to the various bills.

32 showed up in support.

So... yeah.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what that means right?

You, me and people like our fellow Arfcommers are going to have to sack up and do it ourselves. We are going to have to be the ones to run for office. We are going to have to put ourselves out there, warts and all, and risk it for the future of this nation.

The last great shining hope for freedom is us.

As frightening as that is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#40]

.....there are too many of these threads I can't speak my true feelings because of multiple CoC issues.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what that means right?  

You, me and people like our fellow Arfcommers are going to have to sack up and do it ourselves. We are going to have to be the ones to run for office. We are going to have to put ourselves out there, warts and all, and risk it for the future of this nation.

The last great shining hope for freedom is us.

As frightening as that is.

I think you are right.  We need to immediately start at the city and county level and see where we can get in.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

.....there are too many of these threads I can't speak my true feelings because of multiple CoC issues.

Try sitting directly in front of these assclowns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top