Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2013 9:26:49 PM EDT
General Bans Alcohol

This does not stop soldiers from drinking.  It merely moves the activity from one place to another.....Thoughts anyone?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to get in the .mil forum....links are in the "deployed" forum off of GD.

As far as the policy....not a fan.  It is ironic to see who signed it.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Its very en vogue now-a-days to punish the masses for the actions of a few....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its very en vogue now-a-days to punish the masses for the actions of a few....

rgr, but it's not new for 4-25
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
They have the same policy in place at Fort Meade for prior service soldiers going through the Defense Information School.

I was in class for 8 months and in that time got my hotel room (Army Lodging) checked once for alcohol.

It is what it is, we just made sure to toss all our cans and such whenever we woke up Saturday morning.

Verbal counseling for the first time you got caught IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
All I can manage is .
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They have the same policy in place at Fort Meade for prior service soldiers going through the Defense Information School.

I was in class for 8 months and in that time got my hotel room (Army Lodging) checked once for alcohol.

It is what it is, we just made sure to toss all our cans and such whenever we woke up Saturday morning.

Going through a School and not being able to drink is entirely different from being stationed somewhere and not be allowed to drink in your own living quarters....Not to mention the double standard of soldiers who live off base/on post housing....There are NCO's who can't drink in there own billets..but their joe's can cause they are married....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going through a School and not being able to drink is entirely different from being stationed somewhere and not be allowed to drink in your own living quarters....Not to mention the double standard of soldiers who live off base/on post housing....There are NCO's who can't drink in there own billets..but their joe's can cause they are married....

Cue the President...but if it can save one life...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top