ETA: I OWN PAGE 17!!!!

Not really.

Figuratively speaking

How the hell did ETA get so big?

I blew it up for emphasis..

If you were serious?

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
OC is like waving a red cape in front of a bull, generally a bad idea.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
what is the point of having an open carry law if no one is going to use it?  WAY TO GO OP!
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I really honestly cannot believe the lack of ability to read and comprehend whats been read.

At this point, you either have to be trolling, or have no ability to read.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really honestly cannot believe the lack of ability to read and comprehend whats been read.

At this point, you either have to be trolling, or have no ability to read.

Im going with this.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congratulations, you got the attention you were looking for.

Yeah, people who open carry are all attention whores.

Go sit in the corner..

Yes they are all attention whores. Give me a single good reason to OC verses concealed carry. Or better yet name me one of the known instructors who say for defensive purposes you should OC..

He already said he's under 21 and that disqualifies him from getting a CCW permit.

You guys that think that anyone that OCs is an attention whore are nothing more than a different kind of fudd.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

oh god, please make it stop..........
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
doubletap.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lived up to your avatar.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, log out then back in.

Cheers, mate!
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lived up to your avatar.

yep.........lol

the stupidity probably deserved it twice anyway....
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you were looking for attention, like all people who OC are.. If you were truly concerned with defending yourself you would of had the sense to conceal it and not give away that you had a gun on you..

Then why do cops OC?  

Because the job requires it?  When was the last time you saw a cop OC on vacation?

Are you suggesting OC carriers put on a uniform and carry in a locked holster to be just like the police?

Why does the job require it?  Could it possibly be because it offers a tactical/timing advantage?

The rest of your drivel is straw man bullshit.

I doubt that it offers any advantage at all other than uniformity.  Have you ever taken a close look at the "can't get the gun out" holsters they use?

I have and I wear one at work.  Lots of officers 'round here walk around with the hoods of their Safariland holsters open so they don't have to fuck with 3 safety devices under stress.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]
NVM, probably been said in 17 pages.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#17]
never raped a goose, but a duck sure almost had a rough night
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]
OP: Thanks for your service.

People bashing the OP: If you have a problem with this man using the only legal means at his disposal to be able to defend himself maybe you should try to get the laws changed so he can CC, or follow him around as his free bodyguard instead. Otherwise, i think y'all should <COC violation>
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#19]
........shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#20]
OP...I have no issue with your OC.  I understand your reason.
I can offer up a alternative, albeit a challenging one from a logistics standpoint.
The State of Texas can issue to a NON-Resident CHL to Active Service Members who are under the age of 21.  (Free even I think.)
Texas and Kentucky have a reciprocal agreement with each other on licenses.
If you want to CC...Texas has you a ticket to that option.
Carry on...however you wish.
P.S. Personally, I believe you should be able to CC or OC without a nanny paper from the state.

Edit:

If you want to know more, ask in the TX HTF...there are a bunch of instructors that post there.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can offer up a alternative, albeit a challenging one from a logistics standpoint.

The State of Texas can issue a NON-Resident CHL to Active Service Members who are under the age of 21.  (Free even I think.)

P.S. Personally, I believe you should be able to CC or OC without a nanny paper from the state.  

If I was 18 or 19, I would definitely consider that, however I'm only a couple months out (birthday is in Sept) so at this point it wouldn't even be worth it, thanks for the positive advice though.

BTW, for something like that, it may possibly require that I have orders to a station in TX? I don't know. I can only buy guns in KY because I have orders assigning me to a KY post.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As previously stated by so many other red-blooded Americans on here..........HE CANNOT CC. He only has 2 options, either OC, or walk around unarmed.

How do all these folks make it through a single day without being able to read, comprehend the words, and understand a little bit of sarcasm.?

BTW...Bovine are colorblind.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Too bad you didn't have a donut on your table, you could have offered it to the poor sap.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The State of Texas can issue a NON-Resident CHL to Active Service Members who are under the age of 21.  (Free even I think.)

If I was 18 or 19, I would definitely consider that, however I'm only a couple months out (birthday is in Sept) so at this point it wouldn't even be worth it, thanks for the positive advice though.

BTW, for something like that, it may possibly require that I have orders to a station in TX? I don't know. I can only buy guns in KY because I have orders assigning me to a KY post.
Nah, TX doesn't care where you come from to get the non-resident CHL, and TX doesn't care if you have a gun.  All the TX license requires is you pass the requirements, and send in the money, not necessarily in that order.  The money first is always appreciated i suspect.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do you really think that you weren't going to get the attention of the police when you decided to OC?

I have made it a point to open carry for the last few month because of all the ARF.com experts that have told of the many ways it is bad for you... I have yet to talk to one officer/deputy/trooper.. Not one person has asked me to leave a buisness. Not one perp has tried to take it from me.. Can you tell me exactly what I am doing wrong?.. I can't seem to get the attention you all are claiming open carry brings...
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All ya'll posting in a troll thread.

It a good thing you're not...
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking for attention?

What you're saying is since I'm not 21, I don't have a right to defend myself?

[sarcasm] That's cool, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm deployed, defending you're freedom. [/sarcasm]

Yes you were looking for attention, like all people who OC are.. If you were truly concerned with defending yourself you would of had the sense to conceal it and not give away that you had a gun on you..

That is your opinion.  And it is wrong.

Yea. Except that i CC everyday, and i've never been hassled by the police.... So I guess I am the one that is wrong.. What purpose does OC server that carrying concealed doesn't.. What advantage do you have defensively when carrying open instead of concealed?

So what you are saying is go ahead and exercise you're rights as long as no one can see you doing it, you wouldn't want to scare anybody when they look at your icky handgun.  What's the purpose of A/C in your car since you can lower your window to cool off.....oh yeah it's called an option.  He has the option to carry openly or concealed even if some people in power don't like it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Hory shet this thread just took a turn towards AWESOME.

RepublicanMan and VRMN8R: you, sirs, are both gentlemen and scholars.

Just when threads like these make you lose all faith in your fellow man, guys like these come around and represent the true, got-your-back spirit of ARFCOM.

My hat is off to you gents, thanks for keeping this place great.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I sent this email to RepublicanMan-

"I watched the thread on Open Carry unfold with mind-numbing results. Some of the Aholes on Arfcom have reached a new low in this thread.

I would like to contribute to buying our member, Assault-Rifle-City a good carry piece, as he certainly deserves it- and none of the ridicule he received for his choice of weapon.  Please email me with your contact info so I can send funds- if you are deployed I will send you a package of goodies as well.

Thank you for your service to our country!"

Some of you members should take notes and quit making excuses for being... nevermind (COC and all that).
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I sent this email to RepublicanMan-

"I watched the thread on Open Carry unfold with mind-numbing results. Some of the Aholes on Arfcom have reached a new low in this thread.

I would like to contribute to buying our member, Assault-Rifle-City a good carry piece, as he certainly deserves it- and none of the ridicule he received for his choice of weapon.  Please email me with your contact info so I can send funds- if you are deployed I will send you a package of goodies as well.

Thank you for your service to our country!"

Some of you members should take notes and quit making excuses for being... nevermind (COC and all that).

Wow, thanks a lot!

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

bulls are color blind.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#33]
They do produce massive amounts of bullshit though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#34]
OP has contacted my using his .mil email account and I can confirm that he is exactly what he says he is. I will be searching gunshops in the Elizabethtown KY area for either a Glock 23 or a Springfield XD, would like the to know what your preference is OP.
To the gentleman that emailed me, I responded to your email, thank you for the offer.

Looks like Louisville is the nearest city that has any shops with an online presence. If the OP can find me a shop closer to E-Town I'll look there, if not then Louisville it is.

To the rest of you hand wringers that are afraid of your shadow and find it easy to sit safely ensconced behind your keyboard and computer screen while folks like the OP follow the rules set forth by your masters in order to protect himself..............have a nice day. (read that as it's intended I implore you)
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#35]
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Since when is having a holstered weapon considered "brandishing"?

It isn't and it pisses me off when LEO's act that way when people are engaging in their 2A rights.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Definitely some good folks on Arfcom.

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP has contacted my using his .mil email account and I can confirm that he is exactly what he says he is. I will be searching gunshops in the Elizabethtown KY area for either a Glock 23 or a Springfield XD, would like the to know what your preference is OP.
To the gentleman that emailed me, I responded to your email, thank you for the offer.

Looks like Louisville is the nearest city that has any shops with an online presence. If the OP can find me a shop closer to E-Town I'll look there, if not then Louisville it is.

To the rest of you hand wringers that are afraid of your shadow and find it easy to sit safely ensconced behind your keyboard and computer screen while folks like the OP follow the rules set forth by your masters in order to protect himself..............have a nice day. (read that as it's intended I implore you)

PM me, I'll send you $50 to cover a minor amount of the cost.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Another poster has already offered, instead perhaps send it to the OP so he can feed his new family member with some quality defense rounds?

Thank you for the offer!

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's awesome!
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another poster has already offered, instead perhaps send it to the OP so he can feed his new family member with some quality defense rounds?

Thank you for the offer!

Will do.

Assault-Rifle-City........... I left you a PM.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
holy fuck.   hey anti-oc people, get a life.  you are the problem more so than liberals.  in fact, unless you have anything useful to say that doesnt include baseless bullshit about "wanting attention? you got it" and "youre an idiot for oc'ing" you should go sit in the fucking corner and let the adults talk.

What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 1:55:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go sit in the corner..

Yes they are all attention whores. Give me a single good reason to OC verses concealed carry. Or better yet name me one of the known instructors who say for defensive purposes you should OC..

Here's a good reason to open carry. He is a law abiding citizen, he doesn't have a concealed carry permit, so to carry concealed would be illegal.... His only carry option that is LEGAL is open carry......

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[sarcasm] That's cool, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm deployed, defending you're freedom. [/sarcasm]

You seem very immature.  I hope that doesn't get you killed overseas.

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 2:48:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go sit in the corner..

No shit.

If he were sitting with an AK slung, that's one thing but practicing his 2A rights in an open carry state is attention whoring?

Why is that "one thing" to carry an AK slung?

Hell, the regulations concerning the open carry of long rifles is written write into the law here in VA (you can, unless it is an "assault rifle" and then you need a concealed handgun permit to carry it openly). And in Maryland the State AG wrote in a court argument that the open carry of long rifles is the only kind of carry that is legal without a permit in MD (and you can't get a permit in MD).

I'd assume the legislature of this great commonwealth would not have bothered to write regulations on the open carry of things like AK's and M4s and lever action .30-30s unless they expected people to openly carry such things in a legal manner consistent with the law.

While it would be legal, it definitely screams look at me.  
My point wasn't to bash anyone who would choose to OC a long gun.
It was to point out that he wasn't screaming for attention.

Do you wear any kind of fashionable clothing? Do you wear a watch that is anything besides a cheap and basic Timex? Are your shoes anything besides basic WalMart brand in black or white?
Do you have a vehicle you take care of?

If so, it definately screams " Look at me!!!"
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just try concealed carry when you can . it usually goes smoother and doesn't upset make the sheep piss themselves !
Just helping out a little.

more the sheep in wolfs clothing here than the liberal sheep..

Okay. Here is my point POV.

I have not a problem with a person OCing, but the thing is that recently it has become an attention whore thing, to the point that some ass hats will flaunt it in front of LEO's in uniform simply to draw a reaction, so they can "school" you on OC laws. I myself am quite aware that statutorily you are within your legal right to OC,  so don't feel the need to waltz your goofy ass across the parking lot just so you can expose your Mosquito in an cheap ass nylon drop rig to me, while staring at me daring me to "infringe upon" your legal right to carry openly. Yes it's legal, yes you are a tier one badass with that drop leg and your black bush cover, have a nice fuckin day dip shit.    

and fuck Heller for wanting a gun too, right?

The highlighted doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just curious, for all of you fudds in this thread knocking OC, specifically plumbata,  why should our soldiers in theater be allowed to OC, and not be forced to cc?

I'll give you three guesses what his military command will do to him if they find him OC'ing. espcially if he does not have that Sigma registered on post.

I'm guessing " Not a fucking thing" for $1000, Alex.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 3:29:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, a crappy gun in a crappy holster. I doubt you have any training in weapons retention and go around in condition white all the time too.

I guess you missed the part where he's a soldier?

You really should not go there since there is a thread right below this one where a soldier just shot another while drunk.

and that's different than any other unjustified shooting how?
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem very immature.  I hope that doesn't get you killed overseas.

so sarcasm equates to immaturity, which in turn leads to "getting killed overseas"???

This.

The fail in this thread has reached epic proportions....
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Very cool, helping the Op out with a decent gun.  

BTW, why does everyone keep assuming the geese don't want it?  That honk honk sounds an awfully lot like "do me".
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top