Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2010 4:39:57 AM EDT
I watched the special last night. Many questions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome driver. Probably straight.

ETA Actually, thinking back on it, there is just about no way he could have been a peter puffer in Winston Cup back in those days. I'm sure he got AIDS the same way Magic did...fucking every female within a 20 mile radius of him, wherever he went. He was wild as shit. Might have even gotten it from a needle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 4:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Man I missed that.

Straight as far as anyone knew.

Great driver, not quite Earnhardt........no one was or will be probably.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If he was gay the mainstream media would be announcing it from the roof tops,  the first GAY NASCAR driver in history. I am sure they would be approaching it from the angle that "see!!!! even redneck NASCAR drivers can be Gay".
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

ETA Actually, thinking back on it, there is just about no way he could have been a peter puffer in Winston Cup back in those days. I'm sure he got AIDS the same way Magic did...fucking every female within a 20 mile radius of him, wherever he went. He was wild as shit. Might have even gotten it from a needle.

Bingo

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo

This.

I watched the show last night too.  The first time I missed the first 20 minutes or so, and the interviews and such made me think there was a 50/50 chance he was gay.  I stayed up and watched it the second time, and came away thinking there was no way he was gay.  Earlier in the episode they seemed to mention more that at that time people didn't really think you could get it via hetero sex, and because of that, they(Tim) worked harder to keep it quiet.  A trip to the net seemed to confirm that he wasn't gay, and Wiki also suggests that he was straight.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Womanizing coked up balls out driver
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
A friend's uncle was a very well-known NASCAR driver back when it was still a sport. He knew most of the drivers well. One time when my buddy and I were talking, Tim Richmond came up as the topic. His info was that Tim Richmond was completely straight and caught the disease by chasing and catching everything in a skirt he could find. His uncle's view was that he was one of the most talented drivers ever, but couldn't keep focused due to the skirt chasing. He had some really great stories about some of the drivers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The movie Days of Thunder was very loosely based on Tim Richmond's life
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he was gay the mainstream media would be announcing it from the roof tops,  the first GAY NASCAR driver in history. I am sure they would be approaching it from the angle that "see!!!! even redneck NASCAR drivers can be Gay".

What?

I thought most NASCAR drivers were gay.

Driving left for 100s of miles sure is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

I thought most NASCAR drivers were gay.

Well they do fight it out to get to see who's going to sit on the pole
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Who cares?  The cars are boring.  There's nothing at all interesting about NASCAR these days unless you follow it like a reality show.  It ain't racing anymore.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A friend's uncle was a very well-known NASCAR driver back when it was still a sport. He knew most of the drivers well. One time when my buddy and I were talking, Tim Richmond came up as the topic. His info was that Tim Richmond was completely straight and caught the disease by chasing and catching everything in a skirt he could find. His uncle's view was that he was one of the most talented drivers ever, but couldn't keep focused due to the skirt chasing. He had some really great stories about some of the drivers.

Friend of mine knew him, grew up together and this is pretty much what he told me about it. I'd never even heard of the guy (not a big NASCAR fan) until my friend pointed out his picture that was on a wall in a bar in Ashland we were in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who cares?  The cars are boring.  There's nothing at all interesting about NASCAR these days unless you follow it like a reality show.  It ain't racing anymore.

You do realize we are talking about Tim Richmond who was racing in the early-mid 80's, and died in '89, right?  We aren't talking about today's cars or today's racing, which I would be inclined to agree you are correct about.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Well the, was he a drug abuser? The Richard Petty interview (unknown date) seemed to present that Richard thought he was a drug user or something.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well the, was he a drug abuser? The Richard Petty interview (unknown date) seemed to present that Richard thought he was a drug user or something.

I'm sure Tim enjoyed snorting a line off a strippers ass as much as the next guy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From what I recall, I believe he was into coke. I don't recall anything about IV drug use, though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Welcome to the thread, so glad you're here.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares? The cars are boring. There's nothing at all interesting about NASCAR these days unless you follow it like a reality show. It ain't racing anymore.

Welcome to the thread, so glad you're here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top