Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 7:30:16 PM EDT
Some woman in my class is talking on our online class forum about how the Liberty Bell had something to do with freeing the slaves. This course is about French history BTW.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Some woman in my class is talking on our online class forum about how the Liberty Bell had something to do with freeing the slaves. This course is about French history BTW.

Well, she didn't say WHICH slaves.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me say about 20% of my college courses over the last decade have been online only.  I'd take an in-person course 100% of the time if it was possible.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]
tell me about it. I'm taking my first, and last "hybrid" course. It fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Guided study ftw.  Read book, turn in assigments, never interact with retard "classmates".
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I like online courses.  I don't learn anything in most classes anyways so I may as well waste as little time as possible and do things at my convenience.  If I do learn something it is something I could learn without having to go to class.  There are only certain kinds of classes where I prefer to have a conventional format.  Of course, most still are conventional in nature.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Online classes may work if you're a full time student, but the one I did take had interaction periods scheduled while I was at work. I'm a terrible self starter and not having to actually go to school hurt my motivation to do the coursework. I ended up e-mailing the instructor and explaining this was my first online course. She let me make up about half the course and I ended up with a "C" IIRC.

Never again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Online classes may work if you're a full time student, but the one I did take had interaction periods scheduled while I was at work. I'm a terrible self starter and not having to actually go to school hurt my motivation to do the coursework. I ended up e-mailing the instructor and explaining this was my first online course. She let me make up about half the course and I ended up with a "C" IIRC.

Never again.

I'm a huge procrastinator but I do my best work under the pressure of a close due date or time.  Fortunately none of my classes had "interaction periods" althoguh we did have interactions on message boards due by a certain day in some cases.  I had no problem working and taking online classes.  It's part of what I liked about them because having to go into school would have forced me to give up work which I could not afford at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top