Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Josh, If there is any "exploitation" going on, then it`s by you, and the other anti-gun fanatics....Like your last article whining about concealed carry holders committing crimes, even though you clearly showed that such crimes committed were very, very rare.....Then there`s your "exploitation" of the term "AR15 assault rifle"...You, and others of your type, know that an assault rifle is a firearm capable of full-auto fire....The AR15 is no more an assault rifle than my putting the body of a Ferrari on a Smart car makes it a race car...The truth is, you see the writing on the wall...More and more people are, rightfully, ignoring your mindless prattling....The tide has turned....Most people in the U.S. believe they have a right to own a handgun....Most people believe that they have the right to self-defense using a handgun...Most States recognize the right-to-carry...You lost in Heller, and you are going to lose in McDonald....Soon you, and your followers will be remembered as nothing more than a Trivial Pursuit question....

from a canadian, no less
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guess I'm not seeing the decline in price.  Can someone point me in the direction of declining prices on AR lowers?

there was most definitely a surge in gun demand and prices that has mostly passed

bought a 6290 on election day for $1150, went up to around $1800 for 9 mo., came back down

still waiting for the ammo prices to fall

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Charles Daly made AR's?

That was my first thought too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Why was kassnar giving the time of day to sugarman?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I guess I'm not seeing the decline in price.  Can someone point me in the direction of declining prices on AR lowers?

you could get one of the ACRs before CTD starts selling them...

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have had to get a severe discount before I would buy a Charles Daly AR.

My FFL still sells lots of AR's, but at least now he has them in stock.

During the crazy time, he wouldn't even unpack the rifles, just call the guys who had ordered ARs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe that'll drive down the price of uppers to something I can afford.

Also, declining gun-ownership?  Pfft.

He's slightly wrong. The public bought all they could afford, not all they wanted. Money is tight, that's all. It's the same reason ammo prices are dropping. Soon you'll see people selling from their ammo hoards to get cash.

This...if I did not have to send 4500 in tax return and company bonus to my credit card I would have had a nice little trip to the fun store....unfortunately I am trying to get rid of my CC debt before buying any new toys.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Oy Josh, you're a moron.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
You know the AR platform is doomed when the flagship manufacturer, Charles Daly, goes out of business.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Declining gun ownership? They didn't read the memo about U.S public buying more guns than all top 20 militaries in the world combined, all that just in 2009?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL
what a doosh
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Manufactured crisis, eh?

What was that thing about watching the left, what they accuse the right of doing is what is actually in their regular playbook?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Charles Daly?  Really?  If Daly has a warehouse of guns they can't sell, it's probably not because there's a decline in demand for ARs, it's because nobody wants to buy a Charles Daly.  I know I don't.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll bet this past year saw a record for first-time gun buyers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I looked for a Charles Daily last year when I was carbine shopping, but couldn't find one anywhere.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]
So what they are saying is that someone, was trying to take advantage of the growth of a false market (bubble) and got burnt when it didn't pan out?

Color me suprised.

Like no one was sitting on all the gun boards, shouting "Don't fuel the market!", "Stop panic buying!".

The AR-15 bubble was created by new gun owners trying to pic up an investment so they could make money off it later or people truly thinking that an AWB was coming.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#18]
When I read the article, I saw "CD misjudged how many people would want their product."

I haven't seen anything I'd characterize as a market-wide collapse.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]

sugarman is such a twat.  I bet he vajazzles.

Quoted:
You know the AR platform is doomed when the flagship manufacturer, Charles Daly, goes out of business.

indeed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I do think most gun outfits don't understand economics well.  *generally* They'd rather sell AR-15s that maybe cost 800 or so for 1400 even if it takes years to selll, instead of selling a dozen at 1000 bucks.  EVERY gunshop I've ever been in acts like it's a privilege for them to allow you to purchase their high priced shit.

I completely understand paying a premium for having the item on hand––-that's cool, but I'm not going to pay $1400 for something that I can buy for $900-1000 online....especially when AIM Surplus is only 20 minutes away.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#21]
AR's are still going off the shelves here...
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's the Huffington Post. An  IQ is optional to work there.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#23]
It speaks volumes that liberals think they scored a victory simply because the public has shifted from buying more guns to stocking up on extra ammo. Remember, liberals have to manufacture success stories to keep their base pumped up.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought my CD in Jan 2009 for 1k. Shoots great and everytime. Could of had a Colt for 1600. Right, no. Happy that I purchased it. Just waiting for ammo to drop.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I have sold more guns and parts than I have bought since Obama got elected.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#26]
My safe shows no signs of a collapse, other than the added weight I put in it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck the huff
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like how that moron attributes the surge of gun purchases to the N RA

I wish I had money to take advantage of the market.
Its typical media reporting and attitude at work, fuck the facts just spew the same rhetoric over and over...anytime people fear the won't be able to buy something they will want it even more, sometimes I think Clinton was a closet gun lover....he armed many people who would NEVER have bought a semi auto weapon without the ill conceived AWB.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
why wasn't this warehouse full of guns "nobody wanted" not liquidated via fire-sale prices on the internet?

I would have bought...  a few.  

Heck I would have bought a new safe just to fill it up with new guns. I think it's a pretty bogus article. If KBI/Charles Daly did go out of business it's probably the 8.4 million and climbing people without a job that caused it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Is Sally Struthers available to do a half-hour infomercial for unwanted AR's and a 1-800 number where you can "help out" pops up on the screen?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Does this mean LaRue complete rifles will be 399.99 in the near future?

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#32]
What I'd like to write about good old Josh is a COC violation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It speaks volumes that liberals think they scored a victory simply because the public has shifted from buying more guns to stocking up on extra ammo. Remember, liberals have to manufacture success stories to keep their base pumped up.

Yep.

Gun panic buying typically go's like this.

Buy gun - check

Buy magazines - check

Buy ammo - check

Buy accessories - check

Buy gear - check

Get credit card bill - Breathe deep and slowly, think of reason/excuse/lie to tell SO...

Feel angry and jaded when SDNHTF (shit does not hit the fan)  - contemplate selling everything to friend/sucker/oppurtunist to pay for CC bill and appease SO.

Contemplate getting a divourse and a cheaper, prettier SO.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#34]
All joking aside, I thought the pollsters said that libs were more educated than conservatives?

That article has every single kind of logical fallacy known to man. It truly makes NO FUCKING SENSE.

And just for good measure.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Okay, that made me giggle.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Truth in journalism
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah one company that apparently had a poor business model closes.That really shows a total market collapse.  Maybe if they hadn't overproduced by so much and were not behind on the demand push...

Economics fail.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/01/13/gun-owners-buy-14-million-plus-guns-in-2009/

Declining gun ownership? I lol'd.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Fiction.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Doing my part to prove this Josh dipshit wrong.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sure sales are slowing, by now almost everyone has already gotten their AR15.

Thanks Obama.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#42]
So the fucktards at KBI/Charles Daly couldnt run a business and the whole industry is collapsing. Is that what Im reading?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No one is going to pay $1200 $1400on a gamble.

Drop on by the Sig forum for a spell

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#44]
HA...

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

MUUUUHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

HOHOHOHOOO

WOOOOOOOOOO

<wipes eyes>

Scuse me, I gotta get a glass of water

...so they're gonna be giving away Noveskes any day now, AMIRITE
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Does this mean that the price of the Bushmaster ACR might actually be a good business choice? For me the Ar-15 was just out of my reach for many years now I have quite a few. Maybe they are trying to create a new market that is just out of the reach for most, thus dodging the Ar-15 collapse with the ACR. Otherwise I can't imagine they would be that stupid lol.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I asked on the Charles Daly forum last year if I could buy a M4LE upper for my Charles Daly lower.  They said they did not have any to sell?

WTF
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's slightly wrong. The public bought all they could afford, not all they wanted. Money is tight, that's all. It's the same reason ammo prices are dropping. Soon you'll see people selling from their ammo hoards to get cash.

+1, we just don't have the cash to absorb the increased production
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#48]
A lot of folks I know did stop buying AR-15s folks. They graduated to AR-10s!! LOL.
Charles Daly?????
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't own any Assault Weapons.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I really hate to see CD leave the business, but they've been a name - bought and sold repeatedly - and nothing more, for a long time. The really sad part is that I understood that they actually made a really nice AR.

<––-goes to CDNN site to look for deals.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top