Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:01:01 AM EDT
I always get a huge kick out of listening to the way these controllers stay cool as ice under pressure and they way they often work an insane amount of options when things become tearshaped at FL 320 and still are able to keep their head in the game,  and especially when they end up saving someone or many peoples lives as a result. I look forward to these every year.

http://www.natca.org/archie_league_awards.aspx#content

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, they handed out the awards a couple weeks ago in Atlanta.  I didn't know any of this years recipients though.

http://www.natca.org/archie_league_awards.aspx#content

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I like reading the play by play as well.

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Great work by all those controllers.  And only three inadvertent VFR flight into IMC.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Great work by all those controllers.  And only three inadvertent VFR flight into IMC.  Sigh.

Yeah I had one of those a couple years ago, thought I lost her, still have the audio.  The infamous, are you IFR capable and qualified?   NEGATIVE....  shit  

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I had one of those a couple years ago, thought I lost her, still have the audio.  The infamous, are you IFR capable and qualified?   NEGATIVE....  shit  

That and fuel exhaustion are just unexplainable to me.  Two things you have control over and people constantly kill themselves doing them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top