Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:42:56 PM EDT
Most of the time when I try to watch a youtube video, I get this shit

I even got that today when I tryed to watch DJ SMASH feat Винтаж - Москва

Youtu.be

Is there a proxy that I can use to watch the videos? I tried one yesterday and it got past youtubes stupid filer but flash wouldnt work so I couldnt play the video.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Slow but free.

http://newipnow.com/

Load the flash screen but it wont play and videos.....I get a youtube error whenever I hit play.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If you find yourself in need of a proxy connection often, you could rent an unmetered US-based Linux VPS and run your own Squid proxy.  Costs ~$15USD per month.  I personally use TurboVPS - but there are many alternatives out there.  Since it appears you're in Germany, you will want a server that is physically housed on the East Coast of the US to get the best ping to the server.

After you get it setup, manually enter the proxy server details into your web browser or use a firefox plugin like FoxyProxy to easily switch between normal and proxied browsing.  FoxyProxy will also help you setup filters and whitelists to automatically use the proxy for the sites you specify.

With your own proxy you can participate in certain Google beta campaigns
that are only available to US-based IPs like Google Music and Google
Voice.  And you can do your US-based online shopping without being
discriminated against for accessing a vendor's site from a foreign IP.

The added benefit of renting the linux VPS is you get your own linux server to play with - with full root access.  You can host your own website using Apache, or have your own ftp server.  The possibilities and chances for learning are almost endless and it should be a rewarding experience.

Link Posted: 4/11/2012 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you use a YouTube mirror? I think that might work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Double

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
What if he rented an us based amazon EC2 instance?
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#7]
copy the YT URL and surf it over hidemyass.com. (webproxy and free)

That way, YT will not know you´re from Germany and will let you watch it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top