Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2016 11:15:19 PM EDT
So yeah in another thread a few days ago I mentioned that my sensor somehow got just plain overloaded with spots and I was unable to dislodge them with the rocket blower.

I spent a good while researching the best tools techniques and methods to handle this problem and I landed on this product here (amazon link, can be found elsewhere I suspect)

http://www.amazon.com/DustAid-Platinum-DSLR-Sensor-Cleaner/dp/B0019K8YVM/

FYI doing this absolutely unquestionably 100% WILL void your warranty (if they are able to tell you did it)

What you get in the box is a gel pad on a stick with a few cleaning tissues (to clean the pad) and it's probably the easiest maintenance thing I've ever done. Lock up the mirror for cleaning using the menu option for that, get the cleaning stick out and being careful to NEVER and i mean NEVER touch the gel part, gently touch the sensor, and pick it up, move it, touch, move it, touch until you've covered the entire sensor's surface area. You do not want to wipe the sticky pad thing on the sensor. It is best to dab it gently up and down. I say don't touch the sensor because if you do you get finger grease and cheeto dust and who knows what else on there and you're never getting it off again without some kind of cleaning liquid that they did NOT include in the package. I know that gel isn't the best word to describe what this is. It's some kind of silicone dust magnet thing.. There's no residue or stickiness that gets transferred to your sensor but it sucks up dust and contaminants like it's got a vacuum hooked up to it. It took me about 20 seconds to clean my sensor and a few more to wipe off the cleaning stick.

The sensor's as clean as it was the day it came from the factory. The kit comes with a few cleaning wipes, I'd recommend grabbing a few more since they're single use. I don't expect to be using this thing that often but when you need it, you need it. I can confirm 100% that this product works as described and is easy to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top