Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2012 5:14:11 PM EDT
This week I've been doing a bit of driving planning out my summer. Just thought I'd share some pictures. Also I'm trying HDR for the first time. Some I'm happy with and some I want to reshoot

Snake River overlook

The famous barn. Somebody decided the empty window needed to be boarded up.

Some abandoned cabins. A little heavy on the HDR, I'll have to get back there and reshoot it.

Goats

And by far my favorite for the textures, colors, exposure, etc is this.

Thanks for looking, try and visit Wy if you can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They look pretty good!

Two summers ago I was in the Tetons taking pics with my 7D and I ran into the same problem with my HDR photos that I see in one of yours. (Though I like yours better)

At long distance, the mountains really turn pretty blue and to me that is annoying as hell. The problem is from light refraction at distance but it is exacerbated by the HDR processing.  I went back and tweaked my HDR settings to get rid of some of it, then went in by hand and took the saturation out of the mountains.

You should also play around with the HDR settings some more to get rid of that ghosting that I see at some of the sharp edges, like the barn.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They look pretty good!

Two summers ago I was in the Tetons taking pics with my 7D and I ran into the same problem with my HDR photos that I see in one of yours. (Though I like yours better)

At long distance, the mountains really turn pretty blue and to me that is annoying as hell. The problem is from light refraction at distance but it is exacerbated by the HDR processing.  I went back and tweaked my HDR settings to get rid of some of it, then went in by hand and took the saturation out of the mountains.

You should also play around with the HDR settings some more to get rid of that ghosting that I see at some of the sharp edges, like the barn.

What program are you using for HDR? Right now I'm using Aperture 3 and a free HDR program from offline.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
When I do HDR here is what I do:
First, automatic image correction with DxO Optics Pro (images exported as 16 bit TIFF)
Then, open HDR Darkroom Pro and add the exposure bracketed images (3-5 images)
Next, adjust HDR settings within HDR darkroom
Finally, export image from HDR darkroom to aperture 3 and do some final adjustments.

I am by no means an HDR whiz, the real pros all do it in Photoshop. Here is a pretty good guide.

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
very beautiful

thanks for sharing

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
"Oh, I'm Mr. mdguy90 and I'll just run over to the Tetons and post photos. NBD."

Not cool.

Yet so cool that you can do that. Nice photos!

Mormon Row in the morning is amazing. Still one of my favorite photos I ever took.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top