In all fairness, there's more to the above post.
First, here's the ad for the .308 ACOG in question. EE ad found >>>HERE<<<
I posted "Dibs" in the above thread on 2 FEB 2007
and then sent an IM with questions stating I was very interested. After he very kindly responded to my questions, the only one that was left was eye relief. I had to verify and only could do that at home.
I usually respond very quickly out of respect for the seller and was planning to do so that night when I got home. HOWEVER, I didn't make it home. My girlfriend had an auto accident that same morning.
(ETA: I can get a copy of the police report to prove the events occured) I didn't find out until the afternoon. She wasn't injured (thank God) but her car was a wreck and she needed my help. This certainly slowed things down for the possible transaction asu174 and I were working on. asu174 sent me a reminder the following day, which was very approriate.
|From : [ asu174 ] - [ 2/3/2007 11:19:47 PM EST ]|
Please let me know by tonight if you still want that ACOG. Instante wants it pretty badly. Thanks!
I still didn't have time to pull out my SOCOM and take the time to properly measure. So I took a chance and sent the following in the hopes that asu174 could wait another day.
|To : [ asu174 ] - [ 2/4/2007 9:47:17 AM EST ]|
Sorry, I wasnt near a computer the rest of the day. Had to help the GF go car shopping.
Please give me today to look over the rig (SOCOM 16) and do some measuring for eye relief. I promise I'll have an answer very soon. I appreciate the patience!
Frankly, I didn't get into the auto accident details because it was no ones business.
It was at this point that asu174 could have said "NO. I need an answer today." He IS the seller and does have the right to set those terms. I *DID* appreciate the fact he didn't push me and gave me the time to check since things had settled down and I was able to test and measure and mull over my options. I then sent an update saying I would pass.
|To : [ asu174 ] - [ 2/5/2007 6:33:42 PM EST ]|
Thanks for the time. I'm going to pass. I needed to measure out the spot to see if it would work.
My compliments to Instante.
The entire duration was 3 days. Furthermore, I have to point out again that you could have said "No" at any time and sold it since I didn't IM or post "I'll take it" On the other hand, if I DID say I'll take it and then I BACKED OUT, I would deserve the black mark.
Perhaps this is "nothing major" to you asu174, but after getting to +88 Positive in Feedback, your -1 seems unfair. I strive to be a good guy and give brother ARFCOMers the benefit of the doubt. If the tables we turned (and they have been on several occasions) I would have taken the time to discover WHY things went the way they did BEFORE posting a -1. I certainly didn't deliberately "string you along" for weeks.
You didn't follow up to my last IM to say that you were angry. I thought we were in the normal back and forth of an EE sale. My mistake.
I had to respond to your post. I'll let fellow members judge the events.