Well, some unexpected house emergency bills forces me to go even deeper into the Gun room , and have to free up the items from the back of gun safe. I am going to list this item here for a week, then on to the Auctions .
1) Contact is via sending me an email -> email address is HikerLT@alum.wpi.edu . Posting a reply saying you’ll take it and asking me to email you won’t cut it.
2) The first person who clearly states “I will purchase this item”, with no caveats, depends ons, etc. is the one who gets the item.. In the case of multiple people wanting the item, date/time stamp on the email I receive determines who gets the item. ( see rule 1 above)
3) Until I get someone firmly committing to purchase the item, I will do my best to answer questions, send pics, etc. Understand though, that while I may be running to get data to answer your questions, if I get another buyer who commits to purchasing the item….they get the item.
4) All prices quoted do NOT include shipping. The ship costs are based on the package weight and dimensions, shipped from either USPS in 03033, UPS or FedEx customer counters in 03060.
5) 5) All items are sold as is, with descriptions and pics as accurate as I can be.
OK, now on to the listing , with links to some webspace to see the pics.
Swedish 96/38 Mauser Carbine with Extras !!
This is a Swedish 96/38 carbine ( not the long rifle).
Carl Gustavs factory, 1900.
All Numbers match except for the Bolt, which itself is all self-matching, and the cleaning rod.
Matching numbers include the receiver and sight leaf , both stock bands, buttplate, and the barrel and the stock and top wooden handguard.
The rear sight has the improved Vasteras Target sight !
The muzzle is unthreaded !, which is also rare to find !
disc marking shows 6.52 bore, condition 3. Bore still looks typical Swedish excellent condition.
This auction also includes the following:
a) 5 pocket ammunition belt, carries 125 rounds
b) Excellent condition Bayonet, with scabbard and leather Frog
c) Front sight hood ( not pictured)
d) Swedish Canteen in wool cover
e) Swedish Oil bottle
Requires class 01 FFL or class 03 C&R FFL.. Buyer pays actual ship costs, plus insurance costs if desired. 3 day unfired inspection, full refund minus ship and auction fees if unsatisfied. Payment due 10 days , money order or cashiers check.
Price for this Rifle and accessory package is $350 plus actual ship costs.
Pics can be seen here :