It would seem to me that "LoadAmmo" Chad backed out of our deal because of a higher offer than he was asking. I wrote him, using the email button, concerning his ad http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=336019 with the title "Sendra Corp. XM 15 E2 lower w/internals ". He wrot back the 15th. We whent back and forth some (I have the emails) and he wrote me on March 17th "I am interested in your trade, let's do it.".
I wrote back to finalize the details. I didn't make a copy of the email because he had been using the reply button, so a copy would come back. He did write me back to say
I do have to say that I am unsure of an HBAR. I've been really wanting an M4 upper, lightweight for my wife. I do really want to trade it to you, rather than sell it.
But I'm unsure. I really don't see a need for an HBAR at this current time.
If I sell the Sendra with cash I could add some money of my own and get a new STAG M4 upper w/BUIS flip up rear sight... I'm going to have to think about it.
Sorry for going back, but at this current time when I'm slicing stuff I don't want/need out of my inventory I must only take in what is required/needed/essential.
I'm going to hold off bumping my thread or taking the cash offers of a couple other guys until next week though.
Once again, I apologize for my previous email, I should have thought about it first.
I wrote back with my experiances developing an upper that my wife could use. I gave hime several different options. He wrote back:
Thanks for your email. You definately seem to know your firearms. I actually do have a Colt M16A1 Upper, but I have that up for sale.
This is what has been specifically striking my fancy:
If you want to buy the Sendra I can lower the price a bit, but I think I'd rather have the cash so I can add another hundred and get that particular complete upper.
To me "If you want to buy the Sendra I can lower the price a bit" is that instead of the trade he aggreed to he decided to sell to me for less than the $420 he was asking. So I wrote back on the 18th, to find out exactly how much so I could get a PSMO in that amount, where and to whom would I make it out to and where to send it along with a signed FFL copy from my dealer, and ask that he send a copy of his Drivers License so that my FFL would have some official documentation of who he was logging in the lower from.
On the 19th he wrote me back:
Well I'm unsure about this receiver and what it's actually worth. I'm going to hold off on selling/trading until I get some facts from people as if it's actually a pre-84 or not.
BTW - I've never had to send a photo copy of a DL when shipping a firearm, what State are you in?
I wrote back on the 19th:
Don't you mean pre '94 not, pre '84? As far as I know, Sendra went out of
business in '86. They filed paperwork with the ATF that they had a couple of
thousand lowers they wanted to register. When the ATF checked to see if they
actually had the lowers, Sendra didn't. It is my understanding that Sendra lost
their license over it.
Since Sendra is no longer in business, there is no factory to call to find
out if the lower was shipped as a complete rifle. I know that Mass. requires
documentation the same as the Federal ban, to prove the lower was built into a
complete rifle before Sept.14, 1994. I'm not as certain about NY or Conn. I
believe the Conn. law requires that the lower be made before Sept 14, 1994 but
not necessarily into a complete rifle. But I'm not sure.
So unless you have some documentation about the lower, either NY or Conn.
would be the only state that would consider the lower as pre ban. Now you could
write a letter and have it notarized stating that you certify that the lower was
built into a rifle before Sept.14, 1994. Of course if there is some kind of
issue and someone does some checking, you could be charged with perjury, which
is a felony. I don't know as I would risk it for a couple of hundred bucks.
But that is your call.
As far as the license copy is concerned, my guy needs some documentation of
who is the owner of the firearm that he is logging in. I know my dealer knows
me on a first name basis, but I have to show ID to fill out a 4473. Don't you?
That is why he requires a copy of official ID. There is another local dealer
that will only deal FTF with ID of course or another FFL.
I have to say I'm frustrated. I think that I have been dealing in good
faith. First you say we have a trade deal. Then you say you will sell to me at
a reduced price. Then you say you are backing out of the sale because you want
to know the ban status. I'm guessing that you are hoping for more money. Would
you like to be treated this way. I think not. In my opinion, you as the seller
should know what you are selling before you put it up for sale. Now my question
is, do we have a deal or not? Please let me know.
He wrote back later on the 19th:
First off, I won't ship to a state that requires a copy of my DL, that's simply an infringement on my privacy, and I've shipped lowers, rifles, etc. to many states and never had to do this. Nobody but my local FFL or a local government agency gets my DL.
Secondly, I've sold many things in the past well under value, when it comes to paying rent this summer I'm going to need all the money I can get, so I'm looking to get this darned thing appraised and then sell it for what it's worth.
Life sucks, lots of things suck. I appreciate your trade offers but I realized I made a mistake putting it for sale not knowing anything about it. I'm dealing with a gundealer right now from the board who is looking the specifics up for me. I won't put something up for sale again not knowing what it is or what it's worth.
Go ahead and give me a shitty review on AR15.com or whatever."
So I wrote back on the 20th:
How you deal with your personal information is your business. NH doesn't
require the copy of the DL, my dealer does. His busieness is on the line, so he
needs to know who the firearm comes from. A FFL/SOT is held to a higher
standard than you or I. If you are uncomortable with that, you could use a FFL
holder on your end.
I don't feel the "Life sucks, lots of things suck." line was
appropreate. I was dealing with you in good faith and have over 100 positive
feedbacks at AR15.com. My question still stands. Would you want to be treated
this way? We will trade, won't trade but will sell at a reduced rate, no I
won't sell because I want more money, I'm sure is not the way you would like to
As far as maket value, $4-500 for a documented preban lower seems to me the
going rate. The lower that you are selling has no documentation. At least that
is what you have told me. You also told me that we had a deal, Twice! Once
with a trade and once with a sale at reduced rate sale. Now you want to back
out of the deal completely. If you wish to go back on the deal so be it. I
have delt with you in good faith. If you don't wish to deal with me in good
faith and would rather "Go ahead and give me a shitty review on AR15.com or
whatever." is up to you. If that is how you wish to deal with this issue,
that is up to you. I would rather work this out between us. Please let me know
what you wish to do.
Since it has been 24 hours and no resonse I wrote today the 21st:
Since it has been 24 hours, I'm guessing you don't wish to work this out
between us. I'm sorry that you feel this way. I would have rather worked this
out than to post negative feedback. I guess you would rather I "Go ahead
and give me a shitty review on AR15.com or whatever." I'm also guessing
someone made a higher offer and you broke off with me so you could sell at a
higher price to someone else. To my knowleadge that is not how things run at
AR15.com. I wish you no ill, but I don't feel that to have delt with me in good
There are those that would say I'm just whining. Maybe so. It is my understanding that this is not an auction site. If that is what you are looking to do, go to Gun Broker. It is my understanding that this site works like this: You read how to post an ad. Post the ad as best you can with an asking price. It is possible to negociate. Once the seller and buyer agree on the sale, then it is between the seller and the buyer.
Chad told me the lower was mine twice. Once with a trade and once with a sale at a reduced price. I feel that he has backed out of our deal because he can get more money. As far as I know that is not how this site is set up to work. I'm not asking anything other than a yellow mark next to his username. He has said he does a lot of business on this board but I can find any feedback for him. I don't feel what he did was right and his reputation should be reported as such. Your opinion is welcomed. I have most of the emails between us. If any Mods would like to see them, please send me an email address and I'll forward them. Thank you for your time.