*** Please see my post below. ***
Since MrDavidDavis (aka Keith__Davis) is not responding to my repeated email attempts to ascertain the status of my order I would guess that my money is gone and as a result I am forced to leave him this negative feedback as a warning to others thinking of ordering brass from him. I realize that the original ad I was responding to was not from this site, but I did find the same ad here on AR15.com where he has a +6 positive feedback so I thought everyone should know. I will be sending him a link to this post via IM and email.Timeline:4/13/07
- Order for 1000 pcs of 300/221 brass placed and paid via Paypal. I receive his first response indicating the brass price has gone up for what I thought I was ordering and that I will be getting “brass that is fully sized and trim but with the primer un-removed and notswaged!!!” 4/14/07
– I replied to his response and provide a link the ad where I got my information: www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1146
The same ad can be found here on this site: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=114&t=391375
His second response to me is that is an old ad but that I “will get it sized, polished, trimed, de-primed and swaged, all you will have to do is prime it, drop some powder in and seat a bullet.” He also indicates that the brass should ship around 4/18/07. At this point I am thinking that I am pretty lucky.5/22/07
– Email sent inquiring as to the status of my order. No response. Between the initial exchanges and this email I have found some posts online that would seem to suggest my order is following the normal timeline.6/13/07
– Another email sent inquiring as to the status of my order. Once again no response. SOL with PayPal as it is greater than 45 days so I can’t dispute the transaction.6/19/07
– Third email (see below) sent spelling out the situation. As of today still no response………8/13/07
- Brass delivered. Thanks Feral for all your help!
This is the entire email I sent on June 19, 2007 minus the PayPal and personal information:
Date: June 19, 2007 6:18:46 PM PDT
To: david davis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: YOU HAVE MY MONEY!!!!! WHERE IS MY BRASS?!?!?!?!
I am more than just a little concerned about this whole thing. I have sent two previous emails (5/22/07 & 6/13/07) with no response. Yes I realize that you do this in your spare time and I would have been more than willing to continue waiting but not without some kind of communication from you over the last 2 months.
I can't dispute this transaction with PayPal as it is >45 days old so I am left hoping that you will eventually send me my brass. The really sad thing is that I was hoping to order another 5000 if the first order was as advertised.
On Apr 14, 2007, at 8:53 AM, david davis wrote:
ok got it thats an old post, my price has gone up and the amount you sent was for unswaged brass i was just making sure but don't worry about i will take care of it for you, so you will get it sized, polished, trimed, de-primed and swaged, all you will have to do is prime it, drop some powder in and seat a bullet., bad weather here so I'm working on it today should be in the mail by wed.
--- email@example.com wrote:
On one of the message boards I frequent I asked if anyone knew of a source for 300 Whisper / 300/221 brass and I was emailed a link to your post here:
Since I am in dire need of brass and the person who emailed me the link above had nothing but good things to say about you I thought I would purchase some of your product. Thank you for clarifying about the need to de-prime and swage as that is not mentioned in the ad. Can I ask you what the best method for swaging primer pockets is? I have not had to do that to this point in my reloading.
On Apr 13, 2007, at 9:40 PM, david davis wrote:
Not sure where you come up with my post about 300 whisper but I'm making sure, that you know at the 130.00 price your get brass that is fully sized and trim but with the primer un-removed and not swaged!!!