I'm just posting this as a heads-up to other members of the board, as I know none of us like to waste our time.
I see that this guy (Lougotz) is a new member, and his first post was in my FS ad in Handguns. I went back and forth with him for the last week to make a deal, and then he e-mailed me saying he decided not to go through with it.
Just as examples, here are some of the key e-mails that I received from him, in order:
I will let you know either way. I have to see how the sale goes. I have
money from one sale but I am waiting on the money from another. Same person.
If I say I will take it then it is a done deal. I am giving this person the
chance to fire the shotguns I am selling her. They are older and I want to
make sure she likes them.I am still waiting on the FFL papers to arrive. She
will send the money on the other shotgun in a week. I don't want to hold you
up so if a person says he wants it. Drop me a line and if I see a delay I
will relinquish so you can make your sale. thanks for your time.
I want the gun. I am just in a budget mess right now. I am self employed and I had to pay extra income tax on the 15th. I had to pay [edited out personal financial information] That's all on top of the regular bills. Plus some other little doodads that come up like kids school clothes and school supplies. But I want the gun. I saw it on AR15 last night and I was like oh boy I lost that. How about I will send you 250 as a deposit on the gun. You send me the complete slide and I send you the other 250 in say within 4 weeks. You have my word at that point that I will finish the deal. That will give me some time to try to sell 1 or 2 small items. I will send you the money ASAP. Plus I have a few good jobs coming up so I can squeeze the extra 250 out of the budget too if needed. If that sounds good you sold the gun and my word is 100%. Lou
PS: The [other sale/edited out for personal info] might be falling through too. People do this and as you know first hand it is a pain in the ass. That's why I was straight with you from the get go. If it is a yes send your phone number again I deleted it. Then we can talk. Lou
I just called you. Would you have a problem sending me the complete slide and mags if I sent you the 250 deposit. When you get back from columbia I will send you the other 250 and you can send the frame to an FFL of my choice. E-mail me back. If this is not good for you then [...] when you get back from columbia we can hook up again and see if we can complete the legal transfer. Thanks Lou
The only reason I can do this is cause I can break up the bill. I was in a gun store looking around yesterday and a guy had a post ban AR10A2 all armalite and the store didn't want to buy it cause it was post ban and the post ban market is in the toilet now. So I told him I would buy it. He wanted 700 - great deal - but I backed out cause I don't have the extra cash at this time. So I am only doing your deal cause I can split up the expense. I went to a gun show yesterday and I spent only 7 bucks on admission. So for the next month or 2 I have to be very frugal. I think by November I will be back to normal all my extra expenses will be over with. Talk soon Lou
PS I would send the 250 asap if it is a go. I have that money cause I sold a shotgun.Lou
I decided not to take the gun. Unfortunatly to much in and out, and i dont have the money right now. Sorry for your head aches i hope you sell it soon.