It's been 17 days since he commited to a weapon I had for sale. He said he'd "take it" on the 8th. I must admit, the communication is not that great.
I contacted him after the fifth day and asked if he was still interested, since I hadn't heard from him. He replied that he was having trouble finding a transfer dealer and that he could send an MO to hold it. I told him that it was not necessary to send an MO, and to take his time finding a dealer. Mistake #1.
On the 21st, he wrote an IM stating that an MO and license were on the way. Nothing yet. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and see. If required items are not in my mailbox, I'm going to sell to someone else. Is this fair?
I just want to do the right thing. Perhaps this would be a good topic to include in your rules.
ETA: Received the MO today, but no FFL. I gave him until Saturday to get the license. If not, shotguns's back on the market and I'm going to return his MO.