I have decided to part with one of my .50s -- my LAR Grizzly .50 BMG (parkerized version) is up for sale. This rifle was purchased brand new in 1996, and at the time was one of the few commercially available .50s in a reasonable price range. I am the original owner and have taken pristine care of it over the years, where it has been safely stored in my dehumidified safe.
I have decided to post the rifle up here on this forum and elsewhere before I put it on GunBroker to see if there was any interest. Please e-mail me at: email@example.com
or PM me with any questions or offers!
The rifle is in near 100% mint condition, and has approximately 300 rounds through it. The bore is spotless and the parkerized finish is in mint condition with virtually no scratches or other flaws. I am extremely picky about my high priced toys, and the Grizzly is no exception to this. You will not find a nicer, better cared for Grizzly on the used market. This sale includes all of the original accessories which shipped with the rifle.
Earlier this year, I sent the rifle to LAR for it to be upgraded with any revisions the design has seen since I originally purchased it in 1996. The following items were updated and services performed to bring it to current 2008 standards:
* Bolt modification / upgrade to improve sticky case extraction
* Gold plated trigger installed
* Improved safety and bolt lock components installed
* Complete tech & safety inspection performed by LAR
* Latest documentation package obtained (manual, safety info, decals, etc...)Here are the complete specs on the rifle:
* .50 caliber BMG
* Parkerized finish
* Standard chamber (equivalent to current field grade)
* Single shot
* Bolt action
* Breech loading
* Bull pup
* All steel construction
* 4340 alloy steel bolt (Mil Spec 5000), heat treated to 46 R/C
* 4140 alloy steel receiver, heat treated to 42 R/C
* 4140 alloy steel compensator (fully machined)
* 30.4 pounds total weight
* 45.5 inches overall length
* 36 inch x 1.5 inch heavy barrel
* Rifling - 1 turn in 15 inches, right hand twist
* Very low recoil - similar to a 12 gauge shotgun
* Thumb safety & bolt stop safetyIncluded With Rifle:
* Harris Bipod
* Scope mount
* Leather cheek pad
* High-quality bolt safety lock
* Hard carry case
* Complete original documentation
The retail price of the parkerized version of this gun is $2,450 plus shipping.
I am asking $2,300 firm including shipping & insurance -- directly to your FFL -- this is an excellent gun for those who want to get into the .50 BMG with a native .50 rifle.Please click here to see my web photo gallery that I setup for detailed, high-resolution photos from just about every angle of the gun.http://www.jdlong.com/grizzly/IMG_2607.jpg
The usual disclaimer and sales requirements: he
** YOU MUST INCLUDE A SIGNED COPY OF YOUR VALID FFL! **
** Please verify this item is legal in your state! **
** I will not ship to states where this is illegal to own -- such as California **
Payment must be made by Postal Money Order or Bank Cashier's Check. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase this rifle. You must include a signed copy of your valid FFL with payment. The rifle can only be shipped to the address on your FFL. If you are not a FFL holder, arrangements must be made to ship this to a valid FFL in your area.