On Friday May 17th I recieved a e-mail from member MIKEXCOP about my ad selling a Tasco PDP2 red dot and scope mount. On that same day he e-mailed promising to send on that following Monday the 20th.
On 22nd I wanted to double check with him on when he sent the Money Order. With the Memorial Day weekend looming, I was going to be in and out of the house and wanted to make sure that when it arrived that the package was mailed.
On the 22nd he replied that he did not get it out on Monday, but that it was sent on that Afternoon. Hey no biggie, right? sometimes you can't get to the Post Office on time.
MIKEXCOP is in Florida and I'm in Indiana, so it should take only a couple of days, 4 at the most for the payment to arrive.
Four days later I e-mailed him and told him that the MO had not arrived. I did this to keep him updated on the status of the transaction.
On that day, the 28th of May, he again promised that he sent it.
On that day I told him that if it did not arrive on the 29th that he should begin tracing it and that I could not wait for it was holding me up on a project and that I would defer to the next person in line to buy it.
I have since not heard from him. Yes there is a chance that it could have been lost, I will admit that, but 2 weeks have passed since he said he would take it, and no payment arrived. By some odd chance that it does arrive, rest assured that I will Priority mail it back with a Signature Confirmation, so that EVERYONE is covered.
Conduct a transaction with him at your own risk.
I simply do not understand why some people on this board conduct themselves this way. If you changed your mind or found that you could not afford it, please tell the seller. Don't string them along. Have the common respect and be adult enough to tell the seller if you plan on backing out.
If you are waiting for payday, let the seller know. Most will hold a item on good faith if you ask them.
I have only once told someone that I would buy their item and did not, but I did notifiy him of that. It was only after I found that it would not work on my carbine that I backed out and the seller was fine with it. [b]I did let him know, and did not string him along[/b]
I passed on a couple of buyers because I thought that the Tasco/mount combo was sold. I'm lucky that one of them wanted it and have since brokered a transaction with another member.
I in no way wanted it to come to this, however I had no choice seeing that the transaction that I have entered into, in good faith, with MIKEXCOP was not held up on his end.
Too often others here get burned buy non-payers , but never post. I believe this should end. Let everyone know about deadbeat buyers by posting them here. Save others the grief of waiting forever for a payment that will never arrive....