The rules: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=206914
See the rules in red, below. ETA: Basically, you can reply to people's questions, but do so through email/IM or by EDITING your ad. Don't hit reply in order to answer a question (in essence, giving yourself a BTT).
The following Equipment Exchange rules will be enforced and users who don't follow the rules may have their ads removed without warning or explanation. The purpose of these rules is not to make things more difficult on the average user, but to slow the roll off rate which benefits both buyers & sellers.
Businesses who wish to list ads here, please review this link - Advertising info You will have to have an advertising agreement in place to list ads.
Equipment Exchange Rules -
These rules are intended for general users of the Equipment Exchange. Rules for Contributing Sponsors will be forwarded to those paid advertisers. These rules are directed strictly to the first four pages of each forum, with the fifth or later page being free game.
1. No more than FOUR posts with in the first three pages. No more than TWO on the front page.
2. No UBB code (bold commands) allowed in Title Lines unless you are an advertiser.
3. All ads should be placed in the appropriate forum. Example: “WTS Upper” should not be placed in the forum for magazines.
4. All merchandise for sale must be priced and you must have valid contact information.
5. No Auctions, unless specifically authorized by AR15.com.
6. No links to Auction Site.
7. No links to other commercial sites.
8. If you post more than EIGHT ads a Month, please think about being a Team contributor.
9. Absolutely no stomping on other peoples posts. Do not remark in any way that would negatively impact the salability of someone’s merchandise.
10. No posting of anything illegal, including such things as “Pre-’81 DIAS”.
11. Only post your ad in one forum. If you post your item in “Parts” don’t also post it in “Misc”.
12. Once your item has sold, please edit the original post to reflect that it is no longer available. Please do not delete the ad or the text, just simply add 'sold' at the end of the title or at the top of the ad (and maybe beside the price).The following rules are specific to “BTT”, or bumping ads to the top of the page:
1. Keep in mind Rule #1 Above.
2. No BTT until your ad hits the Fourth page or 72 hours, which ever is sooner.
3. All changes/updates should be done with the edit features to the original post, not by adding another response (ie. “Sly BTT”).
4. Don’t edit a topic to get the later timestamp, thus BTT your Ad (ie. “Phantom BTT”).
5. Don’t use a secondary account to ask a phony question, thus BTT you Ad (ie. “Shill BTT”).
6. Don’t delete an add just to rewrite it again before it hits the Third page (ie. “Sam Kinneson BTT”)
- No more WTB post or WTT post will be allowed in the For Sale forums. You need to use the WTB or WTT forums only, after all that's the reason they are exist. If you're selling an item but also willing to trade you can put 'WTS/WTT'.
- No more discussion topics will be allowed in the F/S forums, any such topics found will be deleted. However, on rare occasions, matters of an extremely urgent nature will be allowed in a pertaining forum. If you feel you have such a topic then please try to contact the E.E. mods first before posting it. (Aimless - Kevin - Stokes --- via e-mail or IM)
Topics regarding E.E. related questions or feedback belong in the 'Feedback & Comments' forum.
====== And last but not least, PLEASE REMEMBER #12: ======
DO NOT reply that your ad is 'sold'!! It is pointless to bring a dead ad back to top (BTT)!!!
Rather than replying simply just EDIT your existing ad(s) as 'sold'. Please mark this in the title as well as the body of your ad so others won't have to waste time clicking to see if it's available. We also ask that you please do the same for updating your inventory/quantities.