Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 3:53:47 PM EDT
I am getting ready to purchase a shotgun for competing in 3gun.  My 2 choices are the Versa Max and the Benelli M2/M4.  The Benelli has the pistol grip stock (used gun).  I understand the gas vs. inertia driven issues. I was really wanting to know if the pistol grip gets in the way of some of the typical reloading styles?  I figure asking some folks that have experience in choosing between the two styles. I have shot both styles, the Benelli in a 14.5 entry gun with a team, and the non-pistol grip on every other shotty. Thanks for any insight you can give. Michael.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say the majority of 3-Gunners run a traditional stock, perhaps because they find it easier to point the gun? I am in the minority that prefers a PG stock; I find the wrist angle more comfortable and natural. I load strong hand from AP Custom L2 and 3x3 caddies, and the PG doesn't get in the way for me. I'm sure others will share their perspective. Here's a photo of my Versa Max wearing a Benelli stock:

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info and pic. Hopefully we will see some more input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top