Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2012 11:19:15 PM EDT
After hours of reading, I have decided to go with the Safariland 3-Gun Tactical Class Rig setup.

I want to start shooting 3-gun/multigun style and want to get proper gear for it. Like many beginners, I will probably begin with the Tactical Class.

Here is what I will be buying so far:

Safariland 030 (Belt loop under support) Qty: 1
Safariland 032 (Mounting platform belt) Qty: 1
Safariland 774 (AR mag carriers) Qty: 2 or more?
Safariland 773 (Glock or HK mag carriers) Qty: 3 or more?
AP 4x4 shell carrier Qty: 2?

Now, how many of what do I need to buy? Also, for people that have it set up, how many ELS kits do you have purchased? Do you have more of ELS 35 than 34?

Can I use existing OWB holster on this belt or is it too thick?

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I just have 1 AR mag carrier.  52 rounder in the gun plus a 30 on the belt is all I've ever needed.  I keep an emergency magazine in my back pocket just in case one of those craps out on a high round count stage but I haven't had to use it.  If it's a mainly prone stage I'll use coupled 30 round magazines to start as they are much quicker to change out prone than going to your belt.

Pistol magazine pouches I use 3.  With 21 rounds in each it has gotten me through any stage I've seen.

Shotgun you're going to want more than that.  I bring 8 - 4 round carriers to matches and have needed them all before.  It does depend on the match however I'd be prepared to shoot a 30-40 round shotgun stage.

I got 7 of the ELS kits as I couldn't find the 34 forks for any cheaper than just getting the kit.  You'd think a little piece of plastic would cost less than that.  I also used the ELS instead of the QLS on my holster so I could replace it out with a shotshell holder on the large stages.  So I have my ELS on 1 AR pouch, 3 pistol pouches, 8 shotgun, and 2 holsters (one with retention and one for USPSA) for 14 total or 7 kits.  If you were using the 4x4 holders you'd need 5 kits to get the same capacity.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
that is one solid answer!~ I'm glad I read this before I went shopping.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The ELS will fit on the Holster?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I can mount my Blade-Tech holsters with 2 screws to the ELS without any trouble.  Could do 3 screws if you drilled another hole.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I decided to go with their QLS for my holster. I put pictures in this post on Enos:

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]

It took about and hour to mod the CCW caddies and about an hour to sort out placement and put it all together. I ran it in a local match last weekend. I'm very happy with the setup. It cut down the gear prep time I was doing prior to each stage. Now I have more time to get my plan together, reset targets and focus on shooting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Am I correct in the fact that there are 9 ELS kits in this photo?

Quoted:
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/rginidaho/70belt.jpg

It took about and hour to mod the CCW caddies and about an hour to sort out placement and put it all together. I ran it in a local match last weekend. I'm very happy with the setup. It cut down the gear prep time I was doing prior to each stage. Now I have more time to get my plan together, reset targets and focus on shooting.

Link Posted: 5/6/2012 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
There are 4 1/2 ELS "kits" in the photo.
The kits that I bought had two male and two female ELS plates plus hardware per package.

The holster is on a Safariland Universal Belt Loop with a QLS sandwiched in the middle. I went with the QLS as it seemed more secure. I can swap holsters or leave the holster and pistol behind if it's not needed for a stage.

The belt is a 44". I wear a 38" waisted pant. The belt is on the long side but works well. I can reach around both sides of my body and secure it in the rear.
Link Posted: 7/9/2012 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been shopping around too for a Safariland belt set up.  Cant seem to find any shell carriers.  Where do you guys buy all of this stuff at.  The only place I found to get a belt and glock holsters was from opticsplanet.  But the rest I cant find.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 5:17:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I got my ELS stuff and MME cadies from:

Holsters.com

Opticsplanet.com

Midwayusa.com

CPWSA.com

A local police supply store that carries Safariland
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The local gun shop will most likely be the cheapest as far as price. I built a three gun belt pouches and all for about $295.  What pistol are you using that goes 21 rounds?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Checkout Midsouth Shooters Supply for Safariland ELS gear They had very competitive pricing and most things were in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top