Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 9:34:28 AM EDT
so i haven't gotten into 3 gun yet but i finaly have a riffle hand gun and shot gun
would a PGO only shot bun be ok for 3 gun, it has a red dot and pgo so no stock a red dot and for end i can atach a grip or so on lazer exc,
am i allowed to put lasers on m shot gun looking at an expensive laser to make up for no stock, but do i have to have a stock fo rthis? or is the pg only ok i dont care to b supper competitive yet, just want to doit for fun practice training exc. the barrel is an 18.5

my main question is is a pgo shot gun ok or do i have to buy a stock which i would rarther not spend the money at the time

later i may upgrade to abennlie m4
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:13:36 PM EDT
Will it work sure, but you would be much better off spending the $30 bucks on finding a used stock on the EE or gunbroker
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:39:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By keindran:
So i haven't gotten into 3 gun yet, but i finally have a riffle, hand gun, and shotgun.

Would a PGO only shotgun be OK for 3 gun? It has a red dot, no stock, and forend where I can attach a grip, lazer, etc.

Am I allowed to put lasers on my shotgun? Looking at an expensive laser to make up for no stock, but do i have to have a stock for this? Or is the PG only OK? I don't care to be super competitive yet, I just want to do it for fun, practice, training, etc. The barrel is an 18.5".

My main question is if a PGO shotgun is OK, or do i have to buy a stock? Which i would rather not spend the money at the time.

Later i may upgrade to a Benelli M4.
View Quote

What is the specific gun you are using? A Mossberg 500/590 is ideal set up with a bird's head pistol grip. A Remington 870 can use either Bird's Head or Pistol Grip.

Other makes may not have aftermarket available.

As for Rules, not certain about it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:39:03 AM EDT
its a remington 870, 18.5in barrel 4 shot tube with 3 shot extension the tube goes abut an inch past the barrel. i have a red dot on top of it and single poiint sling. its a custom job i did for uner 300 bucks and its 1 of a kind i have a side sadle and with 6 shells i madde it for home defence but as lonf as i can use it in 3 gun i may stat doing compitions, what abut loads? are those 100 shell bulk packs fiine or what should i use ? this is not a 3in magnum only 2 3/4 shells,
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:06:05 PM EDT
PGO shotguns are worthless for pretty much everything other than door breaching or looking cool. Go ahead and shoot a match with your PGO gun and you'll see.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:09:13 PM EDT
I wouldn't even bother trying to use it without a buttstock.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:26:02 PM EDT
Pistol grip shotguns are worthless for HD and pretty much everything else. The only real use the have is door breaching.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:20:00 PM EDT
You will need a choke
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:30:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 9:31:02 AM EDT by JesseTischauser]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:19:09 PM EDT
Go ahead and bring out your shotgun to a match.

Shoot a stage with it and then someone in your squad will feel sorry for you and loan you a complete gun.

You get to compare the two so you will be prepared for your second match. (We already know what you will decide.)

Bill
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:56:45 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RogueSpear2023: Pistol grip shotguns are worthless for HD and pretty much everything else. The only real use the have is door breaching.
View Quote

They beat trying to hit something w/ a pistol. And they're handy in a vehicle.
Top Top