Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:45:41 AM EDT
Still trying to find a 1x4 scope to mount on my 3 gun/hunting rifle.
Right now I have my Aimpoint T1 with a Aimpoint 3X magnifier behind it.

Yesterday I was shooting some strong side/support side around a vtac
barricade at 50 yards. I am left eye dominant and right handed, and
shoot my rifle left handed.

Shooting from strong side (left handed) I could keep my right eye closed and had no problems.

Shooting from support side (right handed) I had my left eye close but
could not get a sight pic. I think this was because of the unusual
shooting positions and I did not have a good cheek wield.

After that I removed the magnifier and shot from both sides. Strong side
was fine with both eyes open. Support side I had to squint my left eye,
but other than that every thing was fine.

I understand that no 1x4 scope will be as forgiving as the Aimpoint is,
but what I am looking for is the most forgiving 1x4 scope, both on the
1x side and the 4x side. My list is Burris Mtac, Burris XRT, Trijicon
Accupoint, SWFA SS, of course I would be open to anything else, but am
trying to keep this under 1000.00$.

Edit: I posted this in the AR 15 optic section, but thought you guys might have more experience with different scopes.

I attend a outlaw 3 gun match and due to the range we never really get over 300 yards, I think the max range in this area is 400 yards for what that's worth.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/badfish25/DSC06093.jpg

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
from your list, the accupoint would be the most forgiving. Play around with your cheek weld; sometimes something as simple as a little foam duct taped to your stock can make all the difference in keeping your eye where you need it.. I am partial to a higher mount (1.93" high larue spr).
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Would the accupoint not having any hold over marks in the reticule be an issue for distance shooting?  Do you just get use to holding the mark a certain distance over the target?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very rarely if ever do matches force you to shoot weak side.  So I would not purchase a scope to specifically aid that aspect if your shooting.  Instead I would purchase based off of reticle and field of view.

True but the first big match I went to had us shooting 250 yards weak side prone and a lot of other weak sided rifle stuff. The left sided stuff ate my lunch that year in Texas.
Pat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top