Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2012 10:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillyDoubleU]
Had a match today and was not happy with my pistol shooting so I was looking up training tips and ran across this. Not for pistol but may be helpful for some.

http://www.n-ssa.org/NORTHWEST/Flinching%20and%20Jerking.htm
When we miss targets in the team events or shoot eights and sevens on paper targets, we are hesitant to blame involuntary movements as a major source of shooting problems.  We tend to reject flinching or jerking as a problem, and blame the light, poor trigger control, poor ammunition, or the firearm itself.  We may dismiss involuntary movements as a problem for several reasons:

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Seek professional training.  Many good trainers frequent Arizona.

I recommend a Larry Vickers class.  Trigger Control is his thing.

I know what I need to do, I need to practice. I went from shooting competition every month and practicing with my pistol 2-3 times a month to nothing for 5 months while I went hunting. My rifle skills are great, my pistols chops need some work and I know what I need to do.

I just posted this as it may benefit others no matter there experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top