Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 9:49:23 AM EDT
Ran into the guy who is working on my Rem VM a few days ago and told him briefly of my next intentions, re-barrelling my oldest AR.  It will be two or three more weeks on the shotgun, which gives e a bit of time to plan a route for the rifle.  The rifle is well over ten years old and has always been a safe queen due to its barrel length, a Bushmaster Varminter 24" fluted and unlined barrel without muzzle threads.  I want to go with a twenty inch barrel on this gun and was wondering what would be a good barrel swap to. My son has shot a couple of really amazing groups from this rifle and wants me to just buy a Bushmaster Predator upper unit for swapping BUT I am not sure I like the idea, I hear the BM line is suffering under Remington??  Though I am not looking for ***** accuracy, I do want a barrel that can do its part for Three Gun when the 16" running gun is left at home.  Any thoughts here??
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There is more to a 3G riffle than just the barrel, by the time you get a good barrel, LW BCG, buffer & gas system you should just buy a turn key 3G OR build one from the ground up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 16" Noveske Rogue Hunter upper in December. Ive run it in three matches and am very happy with the barrel performance.  They make the same model in an 18".

Saturday, we had a stage with 5 targets from 100 to 400 meters plus some bonuses.  I took the five targets with one shot each and hit a bonus at 600 meters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top