Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2012 10:29:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris_Andersen]
Check out my latest article for 3 Gun Nation, with some out of the box training ideas...

http://3gunnation.com/news/3-gun_fit
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Good article.

It seems a lot of people overlook the fitness aspects of shooting.

I definitely get a lot of benefit from take a similar approach to a shooting event as a I do to an endurance event such as a marathon.

Thanks for posting the link.

Link Posted: 3/22/2012 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good article.  

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week but I hate cardio.  About the only cardio I do is my local USPSA matches .
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By smaddox:
Good article.  

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week but I hate cardio.  About the only cardio I do is my local USPSA matches .

Glad to hear I'm no the only one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:05:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glockfan] [#5]
I run 5 to 6 days a week 3 to 3.5 miles at a shot in 35 minutes. I did this to lose weight and to get in better shape for three gun. I was 298 pounds last August and at a match I broke a folding chair. I knew it was definately time to take the weight off. I am down to 235. I actually got down to 224 then the holidays hit and I back tracked to 235 but now I am holding and trying to get back on track. I can attest that I do better at the matches especially on the rifle stages where breathing used to be a killer. As for cardio I actually like it now. I hated it the first week I started running or should I say sauntering. I could barely jog at 4 miles an hour now on a good day I can do 7.4 miles per hour. I usually average 6.6. I need to start weight training just been to lazy to get that going.
Pat
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Great article. Thanks. Very clearly written and separated.

Now to go out and make less excuses for myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top