Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:57:15 AM EST
The 2013 AR15.com – Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship will be August 23th through August 25th. If you shot it last year, you also got this in an email message.  It is a 3 day match for Pro shooters and a two day match for Amateurs. Signing up for the match is a 2 step process.   First, you sign in to obtain a registration code.  The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) will be Wednesday, February 13th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific).  Then, you add that code to the top of a completed application and send it to Rockcastle with your entry fee.

The TEST Sign in
Before the REAL Sign in on February 13th, feel free to fill out the information (http://www.LChico5u.com/ar15-2.html) and click the submit button.  You will get a "form letter" email message from me within 24 hours.  Also, the screen that appears when you successfully submit your information will say:
Added entry for John Doe from 98.25.244.248 with verification number 135985849869.84 -- You will receive a Registration Code for the application by email within 24 hours.  
Please note that the 2 numbers in this message are NOT the registration code.  That will come in a separate email.  I will clear any information at 8:30 pm Eastern Time on February 13th, so you can practice up until then, signing in.

The REAL Sign in
If you cannot personally be online at the designated time of February 13th, get someone else to complete the sign in for you.  You can get shooting buddies to sign you in.  You can have your child or spouse sign you in.  There is no rule that you have to do it personally.  If you plan to designate someone else to complete sign in, have them practice on the Test Sign In before the thirteenth of the month.
Only the first sign-in will count, there is no need to continue once you get the message that your entry was added.

Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 9:30 PM Eastern Time on February 13, 2013.  There is an official clock on the page.  Don't hit the submit button on February 13th before 9:30:00 on the clock.  This advance notice lets you look over the information early, get familiar with the process, so that you can you get a registration code on the 13th.
We will not accept applications without a code.  Please note that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure contact information is correct. On February 13th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only need to click on the "submit" button once the time is correct.  I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 9:30 PM February 13th.  

First, get into the match.  Then send me your squad requests (by email, by phone, or scribbled on the application, etc). We DO NOT need applications in the same envelope.  Do Not wait until you have all your friends together.  I will honor your squadding requests.  

These are 2 separate matches held at the same time:  Different number of days to shoot, different stages, and different prize tables.  You are welcome to try and obtain a registration code for both matches, but you will have to decide on the application which match you prefer to shoot.  There will be separate registration lists and separate waiting lists for the Pro & Am matches.

If you are match staff – the registration code is RO.  Once the application is available, you can submit an application using that code.  You DO need to submit an application if you plan to work and shoot.  
If you are assuming you will be a sponsored shooter, check with your sponsor, to be sure they are already committed to sponsor the match.  Several sponsors gave Rockcastle a commitment at the SHOT Show.  In that case, you can skip the sign in process, and submit an application after it is available.  Your registration code is the word “Sponsor” followed by the name of your Sponsor.  Every year we get applications from shooters who claim sponsorship with companies that have not signed a contract with Rockcastle.  In that case you STILL need to sign-in for a registration code.  The details of how the sponsor covers your match fees will be negotiated between your sponsor and the folks at Rockcastle.

At this time, we are still finalizing the match website and the application.  I do not know what the match fees will be, but I expect them to be close to the amounts from last year ($250 for Pro and $125 for Am).  The application will be on the updated match website before February 13th.  Please email if you have any questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 3:59:08 AM EST
[#1]
Do you know if the timer on the page is matched with the what the server shows the time as?  Last year I ran into some problems because I registered at the designated time but it came back saying registration wasn't until several minutes after.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 4:07:15 PM EST
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 4:21:09 PM EST
[#3]
Need some clarification on something.....Jesse, you may know.

.....I signed myself up for the 3GN Semi-Pro series and this is one of six applicable matches I am planning to shoot at this year that would get me points.

Not being a "Pro" yet......am I to sign up as "Am" for Semi-Pro points, or does only the "Pro" match count for points???

I am in regardless, but I want to make sure I'm entering the correct match. I'm planning on paying $230-300 per applicable match, but if I had to save $125 and shoot the AM match.....well, that's more practice ammo!

I've been looking forward to this for awhile!
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:53:57 PM EST
[#4]
Quoted:

.....I signed myself up for the 3GN Semi-Pro series and this is one of six applicable matches I am planning to shoot at this year that would get me points.

Not being a "Pro" yet......am I to sign up as "Am" for Semi-Pro points, or does only the "Pro" match count for points???

I am in regardless, but I want to make sure I'm entering the correct match. I'm planning on paying $230-300 per applicable match, but if I had to save $125 and shoot the AM match.....well, that's more practice ammo!

Not Jesse, but I can answer.  For you to get points as a Semi-Pro, you must enter the "Pro" portion of the match.  This is per the rules on the 3GN website and the same stipulation was in effect when I shot the match as a Semi-Pro last year.  Look at it this way, you get to shoot a couple extra stages and they're supposed to be just a bit more challenging than the "Am" stages.  Last years match was a total blast and I'll be there again this year - God willing.

Doug Johnson
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:48:50 AM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not Jesse, but I can answer.  For you to get points as a Semi-Pro, you must enter the "Pro" portion of the match.  This is per the rules on the 3GN website and the same stipulation was in effect when I shot the match as a Semi-Pro last year.  Look at it this way, you get to shoot a couple extra stages and they're supposed to be just a bit more challenging than the "Am" stages.  Last years match was a total blast and I'll be there again this year - God willing.

Doug Johnson

I'm accustomed to paying the $250ish price and shooting three days, so I'm in like Flynt.   Thanks for the clarification.   I was more concerned that I entered the correct way then saving a buck.

I heard this match was one to NOT miss this year!
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:56:16 AM EST
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doug Johnson

I'm accustomed to paying the $250ish price and shooting three days, so I'm in like Flynt.   Thanks for the clarification.   I was more concerned that I entered the correct way then saving a buck.

I heard this match was one to NOT miss this year!

Yep - it was one of the most enjoyable matches of last years season.  I highly recommend it!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:02:01 AM EST
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you know if the timer on the page is matched with the what the server shows the time as?  Last year I ran into some problems because I registered at the designated time but it came back saying registration wasn't until several minutes after.

That has definitely been fixed. The last two years the problem was not the server or the page, but human error (mine). I had set the page to not accept responses until 9:30 PM Eastern on the page, as well as 9:30 PM on the server. The time on the page is synchronized with the USNO, and correctly reflects official Eastern US time. What I failed to realize in 2012 is that the server is in Mountain time. This year I have rewritten the code on the page to reflect the differences in the two times. I've taken operator error out of the equation, and have run numerous tests over the last several weeks to make sure that when the clock on the page shows 9:30 PM Eastern you will be able to sign in.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:19:18 AM EST
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has definitely been fixed. The last two years the problem was not the server or the page, but human error (mine). I had set the page to not accept responses until 9:30 PM Eastern on the page, as well as 9:30 PM on the server. The time on the page is synchronized with the USNO, and correctly reflects official Eastern US time. What I failed to realize in 2012 is that the server is in Mountain time. This year I have rewritten the code on the page to reflect the differences in the two times. I've taken operator error out of the equation, and have run numerous tests over the last several weeks to make sure that when the clock on the page shows 9:30 PM Eastern you will be able to sign in.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
[email protected]

That's awesome.  Look forward to seeing you again this year and thank you for all your hard work.  It is very much appreciated by all of us.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:29:03 AM EST
[#9]
I'm so going again this year!  Thanks Linda for all the hard work.

Raymond Tan
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 9:38:49 AM EST
[#10]
I'm saving a "favorite" page on my PC.......we are using the same link that you have set up as the practice link correct?

See if I can't make my PC autofill everything, cause I'm lazy!
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 10:58:25 AM EST
[#11]
So is the official sign in page going to be the same as the test page or is there a separate link. I had a great time last year and definitely wont be missing this years match!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:19:21 AM EST
[#12]
The link to the application will be provided in an email message together with the registration code.  Everyone who signs in after 9:30 PM Eastern Feb 13th will obtain a Registration Code.  Lower registration codes mean you are being offered a slot in the match.  The email you get with the code will tell you how to proceed next:

Your Registration code number for the Am  match is:  436
Congratulations!  That number means you will be confirmed to shoot the match after you complete the next step: [this is where I give you additional instructions and you get an Application Link.]

or

At this time, all the slots at the 2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun - Pro Match are full.  I am sorry, but your Registration Code ( 787 ) was too high to include you as a shooter in the match at this time. [this is where I send you waiting list information]

There are about 250 slots in each match.  By Thursday night, all 250 slots in the Am match & 250 in the Pro match will be full and about 100 to 150 people will be on a waiting list for each match.  If we post an application, and get 600 to 800 completed applications for 500 total slots, we would need to put them in a barrel and randomly draw for slots.  With the online registration code process, you know within 24 hours if you have a slot.  You do not have to send a check or money order unless you have a slot. Match administrators do not have to deal with checks and money orders for those on the waiting list.  Or, you can pay by credit/debit card.  And, you do not need to spend big bucks for expensive delivery services or to worry that delays in the postal system means that you have no chance to get into the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
2012 ARFCOM-Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:32:53 PM EST
[#13]
Did my part...hopefully I got a Pro spot.

Never entered this match before, and not to sound like a wimp......but I got more of an adrenaline rush waiting to click the mouse button than I did at the last local match! haha
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:33:53 PM EST
[#14]
Quoted:

Never entered this match before, and not to sound like a wimp......but I got more of an adrenaline rush waiting to click the mouse button than I did at the last local match! haha

Had 3 computers setup and ready to go on this thing.  Hoping I got into the AM.  I wonder how many seconds it takes to fill up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:37:28 PM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had 3 computers setup and ready to go on this thing.  Hoping I got into the AM.  I wonder how many seconds it takes to fill up.

Just second hand info....but heard 3 minutes last year from a friend. I wasn't there and didn't know how to enter back then.

I went with a PC, a MacBook, and an iPhone.......and if I'm not in, I'm going to yell at my wife for taking the iPad with her.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:37:32 PM EST
[#16]
I feel like the RO should be calling my hits at distant steel!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:41:37 PM EST
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just second hand info....but heard 3 minutes last year from a friend. I wasn't there and didn't know how to enter back then.

I went with a PC, a MacBook, and an iPhone.......and if I'm not in, I'm going to yell at my wife for taking the iPad with her.

Last year my wife filled out the registration for me as I was away on business and on plane.  I landed on the waiting list  I was lucky enough that people dropped out so I was able to attend.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:43:10 PM EST
[#18]
Just signed up.  This is the easiest sign up for this shoot in the last three years!

Duane
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:44:21 PM EST
[#19]
I hope the emails come through.  If not I'll be staring at the ceiling all night...
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:08:10 PM EST
[#20]
Quoted:
I hope the emails come through.  If not I'll be staring at the ceiling all night...

I am with you on that! I came here just to see if anyone had seen on yet....
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:25:37 PM EST
[#21]
From Rockcastle's Facebook Page

"807 unique computers hit the "enter" button tonight in less than 2 seconds to get a coveted spot in the Rockcastle Pro Am 3-Gun this August. Instant 300+ waiting list. Linda is sorting out duplicates and confirmation emails will be sent by tomorrow. Thank you so much for the support. It is humbling......Did you get in?????"
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:48:29 PM EST
[#22]
Quoted:

"807 unique computers hit the "enter" button tonight in less than 2 seconds to get a coveted spot in the Rockcastle Pro Am 3-Gun this August. Instant 300+ waiting list. Linda is sorting out duplicates and confirmation emails will be sent by tomorrow. Thank you so much for the support. It is humbling......Did you get in?????"

Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:01:50 PM EST
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fingers crossed!

Same, heres hoping
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:18:01 PM EST
[#24]
Confirmation messages going out now.  Waiting lists will go out in AM.  It has been a really long day.  I drove from my home in SC to Rockcastle today.  Normally a 9 hour trip, but it took 10.5 hours today.  

Linda Chico (L-2035)
2013 ARFCOM-Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:24:09 PM EST
[#25]

Quoted:

Confirmation messages going out now. Waiting lists will go out in AM. It has been a really long day. I drove from my home in SC to Rockcastle today. Normally a 9 hour trip, but it took 10.5 hours today.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I recieved mine just a few minutes ago.  Thank you so much for all your hard work!  

This'll be the third year in a row for me.  I'm already getting all jazzed-up about it!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:26:18 PM EST
[#26]
Got it!!  Woot!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:52:04 PM EST
[#27]
Quoted:
Confirmation messages going out now.  Waiting lists will go out in AM.  It has been a really long day.  I drove from my home in SC to Rockcastle today.  Normally a 9 hour trip, but it took 10.5 hours today.  

Linda Chico (L-2035)

#68 here......thanks for all your work!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 11:43:46 PM EST
[#28]
WOW! Clicked the second it turned to 9:30, and I'm #255 in the Pro match.  That's crazy!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:56:35 AM EST
[#29]
Quoted:
WOW! Clicked the second it turned to 9:30, and I'm #255 in the Pro match.  That's crazy!

I clicked within a second of 9:30 and got in as #594 Pro….that satellite internet latency was cutting it pretty close, but in is IN!

(Later) Application mailed, room booked (in Cave City)… nothing to do now but wait and practice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:23:45 AM EST
[#30]
IN!!

sweet.  thanks so much for making the process clear and simple.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:44:23 AM EST
[#31]
In like flynn
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:28:57 PM EST
[#32]
Are you guys sure the registration code number is the actual number you signed in?  I've got a mid-700 number, but am confirmed as "in".  My impression is that there are only 500 shooters allowed...250 pros and 250 ams.  Or am I misinterpreting my confirmation email from Linda as I'm on the alternate list?  If I'm truly "in", I can't describe my excitement as this will be my first major match ever.  Got any idea how much ammo I need to bring?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:16:08 PM EST
[#33]
The people that got registration codes that first night are in the match.  Every entry was assigned a number including people that entered their information multiple times so some numbers were removed.  If you're in the 700's and signed up as a Pro you're probably in but Am maybe not.

Remember there are Am's & Pro's signing in.  And I remove multiples.  And this year, a lot of Am shooters were quick to click.  For the Am's, the wait list starts in the 400's & for the Pro's it starts in the 800's.

Enos Forum
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:50:12 AM EST
[#34]
IN at #15!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 11:58:43 AM EST
[#35]
Got confirmation email today about being in and in on PRO match.

Again, thanks for the hard work in laying all this out so quickly and effortlessly!
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 3:13:53 AM EST
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 1:18:14 PM EST
[#37]
Figured you guys might like this. Put together a video with some footage we had from last year's cave shoot portion of the event. We will be doing it with Advanced Armament Corp. again this year. Big thanks to arfcom for having us back at this years event!

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 1:22:34 PM EST
[#38]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Figured you guys might like this. Put together a video with some footage we had from last year's cave shoot portion of the event. We will be doing it with Advanced Armament Corp. again this year. Big thanks to arfcom for having us back at this years event!

http://youtu.be/uzM4Vw01et0
View Quote

if theres a PVS-14 on the prize table, I may have to go for broke and try to compete with the big boys or go down trying!

I'm guessing the cave shoot is a side match?    How much money should I bring?  How much ammo?    My own gun and silencer acceptible?

And to think......i was already looking forward to this!
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 6:56:40 AM EST
[#39]
Quoted:

if theres a PVS-14 on the prize table, I may have to go for broke and try to compete with the big boys or go down trying!

I'm guessing the cave shoot is a side match?    How much money should I bring?  How much ammo?    My own gun and silencer acceptible?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/uzM4Vw01et0

My 11 year old son and I did the Cave shoot last year!   It was truly one of the many
Highlights of our weekend.  I think we paid $10 or 20 each and got our choice of .45's (FN, glock, HK).  They
Had IR lasers set up on the pistols, so I doubt you can "use your own".  Then slapped on the NV goggles and went through
The cave engaging targets in the dark.   Pure awesomeness. We can't wait to do it again
This year!
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:08:06 PM EST
[#40]
Okay so here is my match sorry its so not straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cft1VqfiApY
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:35:12 PM EST
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:21:35 PM EST
[#42]
Results so far posted at http://www.lchico5u.com/ProAmResults.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)
2013 ARFCOM Rockcastle Pro-Am Statistician
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:07:12 PM EST
[#43]
Amateur Match is final - Pro match ends tomorrow.  Results so far posted at http://www.lchico5u.com/ProAmResults.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 10:35:51 AM EST
[#44]
Pro Match is final. Results posted at http://www.lchico5u.com/ProAmResults.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:50:59 AM EST
[#45]
View Quote

Was nice meeting you all. I was in the squad right before you at each stage...hope you learned from my mistakes.

LChico....you're awesome, as was the rest of the staff there. As a first timer, I'm already planning to have 7 computers and 2 iphones ready for online registration next February.
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.