Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 5/3/2009 4:44:56 PM EDT
I was looking at getting a Henry "youth" .22 bolt action for my son.  They have a stainless version with a synthetic stock (made in the USA).  I would really prefer a stainless barrel with a wood stock and made in the USA.  Any other suggestions for youth rifles?  Or anybody have experience with this gun they would like to share?

Here's a pic from their website.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:57:37 PM EDT
First rifle for my daughter was a Savage Cub single shot. Has a short length of pull so it was ideal for her. Second rifle was the Henry Youth lever action. Unfortunately I started her late, but she enjoys target shooting.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2009 5:46:39 PM EDT by rapracing]
I'm not sure how big/small your daughter is but I got my granson a Crickett. It is a single shot bolt action in several stock/barrell configurations. Built in Pa and they have black or pink synthetic with stainless. Also laminate/stainless

He started shooting it when he was 5, he's 6 now. It is an excellent shooting little gun. When I bought it they had a package with a 4x scope. He really loves shooting it. He likes shooting targets but what he really likes is when we set empty 50rd 22 boxes @ 30 yards and he pounds them until there's nothing left. That and Jolly Rancher Candies. You might want to check it out too.

www.crickett.com

eta: options page: http://www.crickett.com/CrickettRifle/crickettrifle.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:48:25 PM EDT
I bought the Mini-Bolt for my son. His 6th birthday is the 23rd and I know he'll LOVE IT. It seemed a little more "finished" than the demo Cricket I held and the Mini-Bolt came with Firesights. I'll post a few pix on the 23rd.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:59:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Beasley7:
I bought the Mini-Bolt for my son. His 6th birthday is the 23rd and I know he'll LOVE IT. It seemed a little more "finished" than the demo Cricket I held and the Mini-Bolt came with Firesights. I'll post a few pix on the 23rd.

That's great, I'm sure you'll enjoy as well. You only have a few weeks to wait. I purchased my grandsons when he was one. It sat in box in the safe for 4 years. Now there's a couple more guns just waiting til he's a little bigger.
Top Top