Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2002 4:37:31 PM EDT
I have been looking at purchasing a FAL. I am a bit confused on the difference between the CETME and a FAL. Also is this a good price on a CETME? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.impactguns.com/store/cetme_rifle2.html
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO I'd stick with a FAL   Imbel or a DSA

M444 goes for about $675 from Dan's right now.

I have not heard much good about CETME's.

go to the FAL board and read up.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30&SID=807545

If I could only buy one, it would be a FAL.  I have both FAL and CETME.  Have to remember the CETME's on the market right now are built by the fine craftsman at Century Arms.  A pre-ban CETME will set you back more than a weeks pay, if you can find one.  

OSA
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
a CETME it the prototype for the H&K G3 et al
(H&K91 etc.) developed by a Spainish engineering group of expatriot German engineers after WWII.
 It utilizes a unique delayed roller lock mechanism to operate the action.  No gas is involved.

the FAL was developed by F.N. Herstel & utilizes a gas operated pistoon to work the action.  May clones of this rifle where alos made. The British L1A1 & the Austrian STG58

check out www.dsarms.com too  for current U.S. manufacture FAL's type rifles

www.falfiles.com is a good site
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IMHO I'd stick with a FAL   Imbel or a DSA

M444 goes for about $675 from Dan's right now.

I have not heard much good about CETME's.

go to the FAL board and read up.

Who is Dan?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
a CETME it the prototype for the H&K G3 et al
(H&K91 etc.) developed by a Spainish engineering group of expatriot German engineers after WWII.
 It utilizes a unique delayed roller lock mechanism to operate the action.  No gas is involved.

the FAL was developed by F.N. Herstel & utilizes a gas operated pistoon to work the action.  May clones of this rifle where alos made. The British L1A1 & the Austrian STG58

check out www.dsarms.com too  for current U.S. manufacture FAL's type rifles

www.fnfalfiles.com is a good site

Ok, FAL is the way to go. Where can I get one?
BTW, the fnfalfiles.com site did not work...
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's another opinion....  I baught a CETME built up on a SW cast receiver.  Has been nearly 100% reliable, accurate as all hell (1 3/4" at 100yds).  I'm happy as can be.  It's a bit bulky though....dirty shooting too.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#7]
hey my typo mistake on the link

should be www.falfiles.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Might want to check Arizona Response Systems as well: www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top