Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 6:36:48 PM EDT
Just rebuilt my M4gery, this is the third major rebuild, started out in 1992 all Bushmaster.  At this point it is all Colt's except the Eagle Arms lower, and the trigger group.  I still have a Colt's AR-15, but I like that the Eagle Arms lower has all the holes drilled the correct diameter, and it matches the color of the Colt's upper perfectly.  The Phantom flash hider is tig welded onto the 14.5" barrel to put it over the 16" legal limit.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Rifles look cool...
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ekie, looks real SWEET.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the M4 is quite a looker.  I finally found a cool M4 rifle case.  Have been looking for a long time, been using a 35" Galati case until I found this one that it fits it just right:

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you attach you sling?

Really, I'm not even being a smart ass (seriously, I'm not, dammit).  Inquiring minds want to know!  

EDITED to say, BTW, very good looking M4gery.  Clean and correct, except for the side sling mount.  (Doh!  Did I say that outloud?  )

Don't worry about me, I just spend three days building a playhouse and am feeling kind'a cheeky right about now.  (The medicinal beer didn't help!!)
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
very nice!  i need to build myself one of those.  is it a virgin?  the reason i ask is because there is not a single mark on the brass deflector.  i have only shot about 300 rounds out of my bushmaster and it is all marked up.  i have tried to clean it up but they dont come off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Sharp eye Corey.  My old Colt's two pin side swivel adaptor is gone, sold it with the Bushmaster M4 barrel, did not have a chance to take it off, those are a bear to remove.  I have the new one pin Colt's side swivel on the way, hope to have it here by Friday or so.  Will be sure to post a pic of it once it is installed just for you, hehe.  Had to take the factory installed bottom swivel off, cause I had to do some refinish work to cover the weld job, and that rubber coated swivel would not survive the acetone soak, and the 400 degree bake in the oven.

durk, I have not shot it yet, just got it put together and I bent the gas tube, so have one on the way (same source as the swivel).  
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Alright, done got the sling on it, ready to go to the range:

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice gun.

Where did you get the case and sling? Can't quite tell, did you put a side-sling swivel on the barrel, or is it just the sling?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#9]
hey, that sorta looks familiar...

mine also is an eagle arms with a colt stock and upper. barrel was from j&t.
nice rifle...yours, i mean.

just playin' around with the new camera today.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice looking rifle.  I have been wanting to put one together myself, but dont have the funds for another pre-ban lower just yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is a close up of the welded on Phantom and the sling attachment.  I bought the sling from Bushmaster, just standard USGI, apparently they are now nylon, I like the older web black better though.

It got the rife case from my Friend Tantal, it is for a AK-74M.  Not sure I remember how to post a link but here is a try:

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bst.html

Scroll down near the bottom.  If you have a slow connection it will take some time to download.  Tantal loves pictures.  He used the above M4 with case pic so you should be able to spot it.

pbrstreetgang, yeah, got to love those Eagle lowers and Colt's parts, been doing that for many years, even though the Colt's lower is nice in that it does say Colt's on it, just hate those missing holes, and the oversized ones.  My A2 is on a Colt's lower now though.

Nice rifle you got there too, I need to get my stuff out and shoot some new pics.  Last time I did it up like yours and I think mine came out to busy with all the junk, sort of clutters up the picture, but yours looks nice, a good camera I see.   Makes a great screan saver for sure.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Ekie- thanks. i've seen some of your toys on the web from time to time. we have a lot of tastes in common. colt makes a nice rifle, but the non-standard parts thing sucks hard.

i just wanted to see what kind of pics it took.
i have rather a LARGE collection of militaria to document, and i'm trying to decide to do it that way (of course i'll take more time to set up)or to use some soon-to-be marines i know as models. that is IF i can get them to stop being grabastic long enough.
kids...

hey, get yourself to a gunshow and find a vendor who has a roll of the cordura they cut the slings from at home. have him cut you a 6 foot sling. very handy for patrol carry with the m4. it's authentic. i've found that many of the real dudes do that as well. you'll thank me. after training i believe that tac slings are not all that their cracked up to be, and a short carry strap alone is just about useless.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad to hear you like me toys, sounds like you got great taste in firearms.  Guess you must stop by the falfiles and or ak-47.net?  Don't hang out here to often, even though I am big on ARs for some reason I like talking about AKs more.

So you have a bunch of field gear you want to shoot pics of?  Have you seen my "M16A2" with field gear pics?  Or the AKS-74 with a limited amount of gear?

Thanks for the tips on the sling.  Going to leave the M4gery as is.  For actual use I prefer my AR-10B, it is the only rifle I take any where other then the range, and it has no sling on it.   Might get a sling for it someday though, but slings tend to make me lazy if you know what I mean?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Well a howdy to you too CAMPY, ain't it past your bedtime?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#16]
ak47.net mostly. i lurk around looking for nuggets of information while avoiding the bs and the ego wars. occasionsaly i'll post if i know something. don't visit the fal files much. there dosent seem to be as much jucy info there. maybe you can give me some pointers on how to tap into it? i'm here to learn! i've been collecting (and tinkering with)weapons and combat gear for about 10 yrs. i used to just about lick the pages of fighting firearms and machinegun news. (i'm holder of the coveted order of the RKI. and according to my friends, a bona-fide member of team dremel.) bought every book i could find, but no where near the learning curve as on the web. i think i must have nearly doubled my knowlege in the last 18 months. the only thing i like more than gear and guns is pictures of gear and guns.
i would love to see those pics. if there on the web, tell me where i can find them.

i was under the impression you were a 'smith did i get that wrong?

bob, you can't see pics here because you were banned on ak47.net?[:\]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#17]
There is some board rivalry between this board and the other.  Would hope this thread would avoid a discussion of board politics.

FF was the best, got every issue, never seen a MGNs, but have every issue of SAR.

I will send some pics to you via e-mail tomorrow, you got a high speed confection, some are large, and I have lots.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#18]
not politics, software. are the pics hosted over there or something?

SAR rules! dan shea tolerates a lot of annoying questions at knob creek. i know, i've put him to the test. nice guy.

naw, i've just got a dialup and a little laptop. start with a couple and we'll see how it goes. thanks.
'night- john
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Pics on the way.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh yeah, not a smith, a "advanced hobbyist".
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Ekie,

How did you put together your M4?
I love the way it looks, and I want to put together one.  I'm new to rifle, can you help me?  First, can you tell me in plain English
what upper, lower, etc.. I should get?
Thank you so much!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Ekie, VERY beautiful rifle. Here is a tiny picture of mine:

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
ntunixcisco

That is a big question and I could write a book on the subject.  Have written the equivalent of a book on AKs and AR-10s in my posts, but not the AR-15, too many other guys write that stuff.  Don't have time for it today, I bet some one here would be more then happy to help you out though.

M4Madness:

Nice M4gery, about the same set up as mine, what upper and lower you got there?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yes the M4 is quite a looker.  I finally found a cool M4 rifle case.  Have been looking for a long time, been using a 35" Galati case until I found this one that it fits it just right:

is that a 16 inch barrel? and where might i find a case like that?

retracted after further reading
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#26]
The barrel is 14.5" with the Phantom welded on so it is just over 16".  You can get the case from Tantal, his web site is:

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bst.html

I don't remember how to post links, so you will have to cut and paste the address.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#27]
NICE!   M4gery  !!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top