Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2006 10:01:58 AM EDT
I use water in my SWR HEMS2 , all the time.

I never use water in the Gemtech G-5.

How about in a AAC Evo-9 ? Gemtech Outback2?

I know ,I should have called , but it is the weekend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
big NO in the outback II, i believe the evo 9 is made for h2o
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem with some media in the EVO-9.  I just spit in it to reduce the FRP.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#3]
with TTI subsonics you dont need water but with full power loads go ahead,I get a little shit or crud spit back at me but its worth it for full power loads.Its a go.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
big NO in the outback II, i believe the evo 9 is made for h2o

In the OB-II a little water or other ablative is OK... a little.

As with ANY aluminum suppressor remember this: Water will mix with the other residue in the can and begin to corrode if left over time. NEVER store your suppressor with water in it, and after any range session where water is used be sure that you fire the suppressor enough afterward to evaporate any and all water in it, OR chase the suppressor with some WD-40 and blow it out with compressed air to remove any traces of water before putting it away for storage.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#5]
hey darkhelmet I thought my book that came with outback II said no water? I need to find that thing because I might be going crazy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top