Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/16/2005 10:23:48 AM EDT
mount a scope on a K31? Not a scout scope, but with the tap and pin mount sold by Brownells.

I know, like everyone else, we can do whatever we want to our C&R's, but what are the negatives of permantly mounting a scope on these fine rifles.

The weapon just seems to accurate for me not to want to put a scope on and walk out to the 200 and 300 and 600 yard range we have here.

Maybe I should buy another, too keep for iron sights.

Just wanted to know your thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:31:12 PM EDT
This is the same question I have had. I have been researching the K31 while I wait for my c&r and I have seen photos of a sniper version. Surely someone sales the scope mount and scope that the swiss used for this rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:50:38 PM EDT
Everyone raves about the clamp on mount not the drill and tap.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
mount a scope on a K31? Not a scout scope, but with the tap and pin mount sold by Brownells.

I know, like everyone else, we can do whatever we want to our C&R's, but what are the negatives of permantly mounting a scope on these fine rifles.

The weapon just seems to accurate for me not to want to put a scope on and walk out to the 200 and 300 and 600 yard range we have here.

Maybe I should buy another, too keep for iron sights.

Just wanted to know your thoughts.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:48:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 5:52:37 AM EDT by rebel_rifle]

Originally Posted By ar15hookem:
This is the same question I have had. I have been researching the K31 while I wait for my c&r and I have seen photos of a sniper version. Surely someone sales the scope mount and scope that the swiss used for this rifle.

I believe Graf and Sons sells one.

www.grafs.com/vendor/735
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:36:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:22:38 PM EDT
I drilled and tapped a K-31, but with reservations.

For one, mine had a cracked stock, and little bluing. It was a beater. And, I also had 2 good examples that will always remain unmolested.

So, when I did the deed to the beater, I fully restored it and put a good scope on it, did some trigger work, bedding, etc. I'm not sorry - the gun is extremely accurate and fun to shoot with a scope, but I don't think I'd ruin a good condition gun with a permanent mount.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:46:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
So, when I did the deed to the beater, I fully restored it and put a good scope on it, did some trigger work, bedding, etc. I'm not sorry - the gun is extremely accurate and fun to shoot with a scope, but I don't think I'd ruin a good condition gun with a permanent mount.

No worries; it sounds like you gave an old warhorse a new life. As long as something doesn't get Bubbafied it sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:53:04 AM EDT
Top Top