Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 12:29:54 PM EDT
If I were to sell a my H&R and Bridge Gun Co "Black Prince", Would it be worth it to refinish them first? What method would you recommend?
Was thinking of chopping the NEF pardner SBI 12 gauge to 18.5, Thanks for your replies.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Sell them as-is, unless you just want to play with refinishing.
They aren't worth too much to start with; refinishing will not add enough value to offset your cost of materials and labor.

If you're dead set on refinishing, I'd strip the wood, hit it with pre-stain conditioner (it's most likely birch, which is like pine: not treating gives you spotty staining), stain to your liking and finish with Minwax Tung oil finish. The metal may or may not respond to a cold blue like Oxpho. You could always try your hand at "boiling" it per this thread:
Home Bluing

I'd cut the NEF to 18.5 and make a "survival" gun out of it: inserts for a couple of calibers (incl .22LR), butt cuff, paracord sling, stock drilled for stowage, etc. You'll most likely die in your bed without ever having to use it, but it's a fun project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top