Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 4:49:13 PM EDT
I just orderd one of these what does everyone think of them? Also it comes with a vertical sling mount, mag spring, and funny looking high visable follower.

How is the quality or the wilson spring and follower and are they reliable?

In the picture it don't look like it has a hole for the barrel detent, does anyone know for sure if not what keeps it from loosening up?

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/sa_mag_extensions.asp
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It don't matter it won't fit, the vertical sling mount that is made on the extension hits the barrel and wont let it screw on because it tilts the extension at a angle, also the spring they sent me appears way to long like it is for a 2 shot extension.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I just installed on on my Norinco 14 incher.  It fit just fine and dandy.  The threading is tighter than the factory cap.  The spring is a little tricky to get in, but it wasn't anything too difficult.

On mine, yes, the handguard/sling loop does make contact with the barrel, but it didn't interfere with the fit to the mag tube.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just contacted Wilson and sent it back they said that they most likely left to much material on the sling plate and said as for getting a spring made for a 2 shot instead of the 1 shot is very possible and it has happend before. They are going to send me a new one that has the sling stud made in the front of extension. I'll try again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top