Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:07:57 PM EDT
want to buy a DS Arms carbine.  the shop has 2 with type 1 and 2 receivers.  i plan on shooting 99% surplus since it is cheap.  any recommendations/reasons for one over the other, or is type 3 the way to go?  thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
My DSA FALs have Type I receivers.  I think Type I receivers look better.  Type I and II receivers have lightening cuts, which reduce weight.  Type III have no lightening cuts and is the heaviest.  Here are some Receiver Spec's & Info from DS ARMS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks shawn!  one DSA is slightly used w/ type 2, so i feel more comfortable buying the new one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
NO!!!! Get the type 2!!!  Shawn I think is in the minority when it comes to which of the two look better, but then again its just an opinion.  Functionality wise they are both the same.  So go with the one (meaning Type 2;)) that you think looks better.  The type 2 are harder to find and dsa currently is back logged with orders for them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Type I and II receivers have lightening cuts, which reduce weight.  

But the Type 2 adds some strengthening around the front of the receiver and around the receiver locking lug at the rear.

Both Type 1 and Type 2 look great, but, for the same money, I would get a Type 2 anyday.

But then again, most of my builds have been on Imbel Type 3 receivers, which are great.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
uh oh.  back to the drawing board...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice StG, Paul.

Are you going to replace the brake with a real Stoll FS?

Just curious.

Forrest

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the one that you like the best. In semi auto rifles, the cuts, or lack thereof, are purely cosmetic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top