Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/25/2002 6:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2002 8:03:06 PM EDT by sulaco]
Which of the four do you prefer if cost was not a factor? Because B is the newer design is it a better design?
A)

this one also has an after market rubber put pad

Or
B)

C)

ok fixed the pics...

Edited to add option D
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:29:14 PM EDT
or
D) New Colt stock
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 10:44:13 PM EDT
Personally, I like the old style telescoping stocks. I find the sling attachment on the bottom of the new ones dig into my shoulder/upper chest. However, being preban challenged, I went with this one:

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:22:58 AM EDT
I, too, like the old style 2 position stock without the bottom mount. I'm sure many would jump for the 6 position newer one, but that is why they make chocolate and vanilla.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:04:50 AM EDT
Do the old style collapsible stocks rattle more than the new ones? And how hard is it to remove the sling compared to the new one? I know you can get a rubber pad for the old one. The new one has mounts build into it, so that neat but something I probably won’t use. How comfortable are the collapsible stocks when compared to the fixed stocks <A2 style fixed, not collapsible fixed>?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:52:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sulaco:
Do the old style collapsible stocks rattle more than the new ones?
How comfortable are the collapsible stocks when compared to the fixed stocks <A2 style fixed, not collapsible fixed>?

Only the metal aluminum ones rattle. The fiberite CAR stocks are pretty quite. OT: the alum. ones get real cold when you put your cheek on it in cold weather.

The CAR stocks are okay comfort-wisse, but the full-size ones are the best. BUT you don't get the gee-whiz factor.

Sooo... Pick you poison carefullly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:11:35 AM EDT
My preference is the new 6 position. More adjustment and I've long arms i.e. wear only a thin shirt during warm weather and can shorten things up during the the NW winter months when wearing more cover.
W
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:23:36 AM EDT
B. Definitely. I prefer the new style 6-position stock. It's also supposed to be waaaay more durable than the older type, from what I understand. I'd only use the fixed stock on a postban or a bench gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 10:16:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2002 10:25:58 AM EDT by sovereign]
Can anyone measure the length of the new 6 pos. stock in the closed position? My "old-style" measures 6 3/4".

Also, do those with the 6 pos. have any insight into the finish of their stocks? BM and RRA? I ordered one of these about 2 mos. ago. I received it and it was the wrong one (pinned for a post ban) so I sent it back. But, I was actually glad that it was the wrong stock as the stock portion seemed rather cheap looking to me. The "fiberlite???" was shiny and the overmold was not finished flush. Anyone receive a better sample? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:15:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:40:35 PM EDT
I think the COLT M4 is the best collapsible stock.
They are better quality than the gunshow junk and they Don't rattle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:39:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sovereign:
Can anyone measure the length of the new 6 pos. stock in the closed position? My "old-style" measures 6 3/4".

Also, do those with the 6 pos. have any insight into the finish of their stocks? BM and RRA? I ordered one of these about 2 mos. ago. I received it and it was the wrong one (pinned for a post ban) so I sent it back. But, I was actually glad that it was the wrong stock as the stock portion seemed rather cheap looking to me. The "fiberlite???" was shiny and the overmold was not finished flush. Anyone receive a better sample? Thanks.

I have the RRA 6-position M4 stock. I measure 6-7/16" along the top edge from the receiver to the butt (the stock's butt, not mine) in the closed position. 11-1/4" fully extended. Nothing cheap looking about it. The tube appears to be anodized aluminum and is a bit blacker than my receiver. The moveable part is a high quality plastic. My guess is Zytel because it appears to be made out of the same stuff as the handguards. No rattle at all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:52:43 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:21:29 PM EDT
Colt M4 Stock.
Top Top