Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 2:48:26 PM EDT
first i want something for deer and br shooting at the range.  i looking at the bdl 30/06 or the vls but havn't decided on the cal.  i like the looks of the vls better but the bbl adds about 2lbs.  would this barrel be better for shooting at the range than the normal bdl barrel?  also are the bdl sights removable?  i'm leaning towards the vls even though the weight bothers me, of course i'd probably put a harris bi-pod on there anyway.  anyone tell me anything about the vls?  thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The bdl sights are removable as i set up these rifles quite often and I remove them. the vls i would think would be too heavy by my standards to carry around hunting. I ould choose the lighter bdl if thats going to be the main use of this rifle. Otherwise the VLS would be very nice for BR shooting or varmint hunting. Just have to decide what you want it for more
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
According to REM themselves:
The VLS is not floated. The VS is.
I like the laminated stock but, would opt for the floating barrel with synthetic stock.

Edited to add that:  Im not a big fan of the 30.06. Not much performance there that can't be had with the .308W, which is usually a more inherently accurate cartidge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top