Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 11:16:07 AM EST
I am looking to get a mich helmet before i deploy in 2 months, i know that msa is the brand i should be looking for but i am unsure on size my head is right around the size that falls inbetween med and large. my piss cover is a 7 1/8 size if that should help. My current issue helmet that is a large, but still unsure about size. I have noplace to go try one on i think and see for myself. thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:35:42 PM EST
whatever LWH (im guessing Marines since you dont already have a MICH) you wear, get the same size.

check with your CoC before spending all that money on a MICH, even with a helmet cover on you can tell its a different helmet. my first deployment we werent allowed to wear MICHs, but my second deployment with a different unit was cool with it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:11:36 PM EST
We have pasgt or whatever they are called. They have pads and 4 point
harnesses but arent nearly as light as a mich. And my LT and higher coc
is all about personall gear as long as it has the same level of protection or
higher. In fact i just got a ciras the other day and its cool as long it had soft
armor in it, we normally wear a mtv also called a spartan II
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:20:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By slogan412:
We have pasgt or whatever they are called. They have pads and 4 point
harnesses but arent nearly as light as a mich. And my LT and higher coc
is all about personall gear as long as it has the same level of protection or
higher. In fact i just got a ciras the other day and its cool as long it had soft
armor in it, we normally wear a mtv also called a spartan II

shit what unit are you in if theyre letting you ditch the MTV and wear a CIRAS? (you know the CIRAS takes a different cut of soft armor right)?

and you still have the PASGT, not the LWH?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:48:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 9:48:58 PM EST by dangerdan]
And an MTV is not a Spartan II. Almost identical, but they both take different soft armor.

Whats your MOS?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:02:29 AM EST
Also the Spartan II isn't uncomfortable like the MTV
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:18:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 9:19:39 AM EST by slogan412]
I always thought the mtv was a spartan II, they look the same. I got soft armor for my ciras thou. I am a 0331 in 1/9.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:31:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 9:37:37 AM EST by NapeSticksToKids]
I always thought the mtv was a spartan II, they look the same. I got soft armor for my ciras thou. I am a 0331 in 1/9.

no shit? what company? i was a 51 in Bravo till i went to 3/9 before the MEU.

and theyre going to let you use your own soft armor? wtf?

ETA: when i was in 1/9 everyone was all about the uniformity thing HARDCORE...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:04:21 AM EST
Charlie, ya man some things about the new command are allot cooler than the old one. We are supposedly gettin the plate carries issued to us from ctep but not till we get into country. So our coc said if we wanted to get ur own it was cool as long as it had kevlar in it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:08:07 AM EST
Charlie, ya man some things about the new command are allot cooler than the old one. We are supposedly gettin the plate carries issued to us from ctep but not till we get into country. So our coc said if we wanted to get ur own it was cool as long as it had kevlar in it.

damn! ya on our ramadi deployment on the way over we werent even allowed to use non-issue assault packs. i packed my personal 3-day pack there and then used it
Top Top