Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/25/2003 1:50:19 PM EDT
i have a Winchester 1300 that needs a butt stock.

my choices are the speedfeed model 1.
it has places to hold 4 shells

or the comp stock with a spring and extra padding to reduce felt recoil. i am leaning toward the comp stock. Anyone use one? do they really work?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:13:38 PM EDT
I have the Knoxx Copstock folder on my 870, and I love it. It is one of the few things I have seen that works better than advertised. My girlfriend will shoot it all day long with 00 Buck. I will never own another shotgun without a Knoxx stock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 6:18:34 PM EDT by Zoub]

Originally Posted By triburst1:
I have the Knoxx Copstock folder on my 870, and I love it. It is one of the few things I have seen that works better than advertised. My girlfriend will shoot it all day long with 00 Buck. I will never own another shotgun without a Knoxx stock.

I agree in terms of my folder too. No knock on all the other guys, but people tend to stay with the familiar, and the Knoxx is not being used as much as it should be. Remember we are talking folder here, they are never fun to shoot, this one is.

I am considering rigging a removeable limbsaver pad for my folder to use with slug gun. This is just for fun, but may be a good idea?

I do not know the dimensions of the standard Knoxx stock or if it can be cut down, but regardless it is a good way to start. IF a new recoil pad can be added to it, then add a Limbsaver! I can imagine no better set up than a Knoxx with limbsaver, unless it was on an 1100 or other semi-auto.

PS having the barrel backbored helps a lot to in reducing recoil.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:51:54 AM EDT
Go for the knoxx fixed stock. Cuts recoil just like the folder. I ordered a folder for my 870, but it hasn't got here yet. All reviews have been positive.
Top Top