Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:20:14 PM EDT
I was looking through the Cheaper than dirt mail catelog today and saw 3 different blowguns.  I nothing nothing about blowguns, just that I want one.

My question is:  which of their 3 is the best one to buy?  I was gonna buy the warrior model because its the most expensive and I figure the more expensive, the better it is.  Is it going to have the best accuracy and the fastest possible velocity?

I can only find the warrior model on their website:
Warrior model
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
If your going to get a blowgun, I reccommend a shorter one, they are more handy and I can't imagine they'd be any less useful.

I use mine to kill mice in my garage when a .22 with super colibris wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I made my own when I was about 13.  1/2" pvc pipe for the barrel (I used 4 feet).  For darts I used plastic golf tees for the fin/sealing cone.  I drilled a small hole in the tip of the tee after snipping off the end and then heated a piece of wire and inserted it into the hole.  I  used eveything from small finishing nails to coat hanger wire.  The best I found was one of my friends dads was an orthodontist and he gave me some of the stainless wire he used in making braces it was thin, light, and tough.  The lighter the dart the faster it flys.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top