Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/13/2002 7:40:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2002 7:42:29 PM EST by jake1978]
Does anyone know anywhere online or maybe in the DFW area that carries parts for old rifles? I have an old 22 bolt action that my grandpa gave me when I was younger. One of the parts under the bolt is broken (I have no idea what its called). I would take it to a gunsmith, but it will be an easy fix if I can just find the part. Its an old JC Higgins Model 10313, i think originally sold by sears and roebuck. Any ideas?

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:52:20 PM EST

Numrich Gun parts is probly the best place to find a part for old guns chances are they have it or can get it for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:59:05 PM EST
If it's still in existence, try Lee's Gun Parts in Irving. It's out around Conflans & 183, but it's been a long time since I was in there...used to get clp by the gallon. He should be in the phone book.

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:45:55 AM EST
Jake- Be aware that "J.C.Higgins" was a label, not a manufacturer.. Sears bought a firearm from a manufacturer, and had them apply the label..

This is a situation where the Numrich catalog is a real help.It has a crossover indicating which "House Brand" guns were made by whom..

Good luck..
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:59:15 AM EST
Thanks for your help guys. The cross-referencing section was really helpful. I left a message on their forum as I dont know the name of the part I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:10:32 AM EST
I think that is the same model I have - also from my grandfather. It is across town right now or I would make sure, might be 10103. I think Stevens actually made it under the JC Higgins name for Sears (mine actually says sears roebuck on it too).

Let me know if you have any luck, I am looking for a stock for mine (I can't bring myself to cut down the original stock for the kids).
Top Top