Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 10:41:35 AM EDT
Where is the cheapest place to get 1 or 2k rounds of boxer primed (and brass cased) .308?

I tried southern ammo, but it looks like they're out of stock for a while.

Oh yeah, and while looking I noticed that the indian ammunition is a lot cheaper than, say, south african.  Why?

Sorry guys, but I've never bought in bulk before.
Thanks,
Patrick
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The Indian stuff is crap.  There are a lot of reports of guys finding dangerously out of spec rounds.  

The best stuff on the market now is the Australian stuff.  I find it VERY accurate and reliable.  Dans has it right now.  You can get 2000 rounds for $330 plus shipping.  It comes in some really nice and heavy duty bandoliers and is loaded on 5 round stripper clips.

www.falparts.com/ammo.asp
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Cliffy.  Aussie ammo is excellent. Probably the best military surplus out there Port.and S. African is also good. ammo.  Don't have any first hand experience with Indian.  But based on comments of others I would stay away from it.

Also have dealt with Dan's and he's a good vendor.  Would definitely do business with him again.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
sportsmans guide has the south african in battle packs for a decent price.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]
sportsman’s guide is out of SA.
i ordered 5 battlepacks last month and only got 3, and a letter saying they were out of stock indefinitely.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#5]
www.aimsurplus.com
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Most of the milsurp are not reloadable, they use Berdan primers.  If you are eligible, the CMP has new production 2004, Lake City M80 ball ammo for sale.  These are not some old foreign surplused ammo.  These are definately reloadable with standard boxer primers.  The price isn't bad and it shoots well...well enough from my NM M14 to shoot 472/500 on a reduced range NM course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top