Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:30:08 PM EST
is it possible to buy a new, receiver from mossberg and build the shotgun you want off of that?
i would really like to buy a new receiver for a mossberg 500 and build it how i want it. i think it would be a great project if it can be done.
if i were to do this, does anyone know what price range i would be looking at?

any info would be greatly appreciated!
thanks,
jake
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:18:53 AM EST
Now and then there are some on gunbroker. Usually $50-$100. But for the cost of the internal parts, mag tube, stock etc. you can get a basic Mossberg 500 with 18" barrel and synthetic stocks for about $200 new. Just sell off what you dont want and build from there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:16:02 AM EST
Are you looking for new so you can build an AOW, or stripped so you can build a shotgun?

I doubt you'll find it to be cheaper than buying a complete Mossberg. Centerfire Systems used to have Mossberg receivers for years, but they appear to no longer have them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:27:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By cosmos556:
Are you looking for new so you can build an AOW, or stripped so you can build a shotgun?

I doubt you'll find it to be cheaper than buying a complete Mossberg. Centerfire Systems used to have Mossberg receivers for years, but they appear to no longer have them.

i am looking for new, not stripped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:03:52 AM EST
Like Remington and most other shotgun makers, Mossberg will not sell just the receiver.

The receivers you do see are ex-police guns that have been stripped of parts and are in well-used condition.
Top Top