Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:17:11 AM EDT
I've noticed the last few days that the mods have been getting extreme, people post about paypal, locked and banned, people discussing the creation of a new device locked and warned, WTF, its a global online community and its being policed like an uptight American society. so here's my question, who took a shit in the arfcom wheaties?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you should read the rules.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've noticed the last few days that the mods have been getting extreme, people post about paypal, locked and banned, people discussing the creation of a new device locked and warned, WTF, its a global online community and its being policed like an uptight American society. so here's my question, who took a shit in the arfcom wheaties?

Noob.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I See A Ban Hammer In Your Future...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The fellow with the paypal thread you were speaking of is rrages and he was booted before for the same thing. Then he changed his name to seagrr and came back on trying to sell more stuff. All the praise people give this guy for his product and service but yet he defies the very rules that allow him access, not too smart
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#6]
i know all about rrages, segarr, whatever, and i understand that, but a post about paypal was locked, he wasn't doing the selling in that post, but whatever, adn tehn teh clip loader post, dude is trying to make something new for teh community, he isnt selling squat yet so explain that one,if he sticks to the EE no one will see his invention, for the smartasses that replied, EAT A DICK.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i know all about rrages, segarr, whatever, and i understand that, but a post about paypal was locked, he wasn't doing the selling in that post, but whatever, adn tehn teh clip loader post, dude is trying to make something new for teh community, he isnt selling squat yet so explain that one,if he sticks to the EE no one will see his invention, for the smartasses that replied, EAT A DICK.

You just don't get it, do you.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]
poor attitudes are why this site is referred to as barfcom.  I get it but it seems the last few days the mods have gotta more like DMZ police than forums moderators
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

poor attitudes are why this site is referred to as barfcom.  I get it but it seems the last few days the mods have gotta more like DMZ police than forums moderators

Quoted:

i know all about rrages, segarr, whatever, and i understand that, but a
post about paypal was locked, he wasn't doing the selling in that post,
but whatever, adn tehn teh clip loader post, dude is trying to make
something new for teh community, he isnt selling squat yet so explain
that one,if he sticks to the EE no one will see his invention, for the
smartasses that replied, EAT A DICK.

The only one displaying a poor attitude here seem so be the OP.    

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe you should read the commie prop.  

fixed
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you should read the commie prop.  

fixed

There's nothing holding either of you parasites here.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#13]
IP CHECK ON AISLE FOUR, IP CHECK ON AISLE FOUR PLEASE
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#14]
gunnut, i don't have a problem with them, i don't sell shit, i don't post pics of shit, i don't advertise shit, i keep mostly to myself and read, I'm just inquiring, i saw nothing wring with the diffourichi post, he wasn't selling anything, yet albeit, for all you know he was going to become a vendor once he got the patent.  and as far as staying away, i do my best, but they're are a few people that don't have overinflated egos on this site so I talk with them and listen to what they say.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#17]
You can have at it in GD,not in tech forums.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#18]
makes sense gunnut, at least you guys own up taht you weren't consistent, that answered my question, so thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

See, now the OP comes here and asks an honest question....... and I expected a technical answer.  The REASONS given about "why" there has been modding is fine.  I totally understand having rules and such.  Good stuff.

The bile that this OP has to put up with however, is detestable.  Was it really necessary to serve up that kind of crap to the OP for asking an honest question?

Lets just say I don't think it reflects well.  Let the guy ask his question, answer it, and move on,  There is no reason to get a pissy over a guy asking a simple question.

Be an adult and carry on an adult conversation.  Cripes, this reminds me of high school chearleaders having to belittle the new members of the squad to "feel big" or something.

Look, now you have ME spewing BILE yet.  This needs to end.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#20]
So....how about those GSGs?  Pretty neat huh?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So....how about those GSGs?  Pretty neat huh?

It looks pretty friggin awesome... I'm going to buy one when I have my spending cash saved up!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Personaly my experience here has been pretty good, no systemic complaints.  Pretty much 98% respectful informative diologue and answers to questions.  This has been only the second exception to that I have observed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#24]
that's exactly how I feel too, I've seen it a few times in teh ar15 discussions, the handgun section and 2-3 times here in gsg land, but over the boards have been helpful, i just throw a comment back in general and keep on doing my thing.  the flamers are the exact reason why i will never sell shit here
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This was uncalled for.

Business Pay $1500 a year to sell there goods on here

segarr Didn't even bother to get a $24 or a $100 membership

Rant out

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess what it all comes down to is...........what it says right above VA-gunnut's post count
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Dear ATF,

So why was the clip loader thread locked? if he wasn't selling.....yet......so he was keeping the community up to date on the progress of a VERY much needed product. Why hasn't the GSG-5 Mods thread been locked or the promag threads or all the other threads that talk about good products  that pretty much keep this forum alive?  That's why most of us come here, to get a better idea of what to buy and what not to buy for our weapons.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#28]
It's all about $$$.
Somebody posted what arfcom charges retailers and for a small home based type business it was pretty steep to say the least.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By osprey21

There's nothing holding either of you parasites here.

PLUS ONE!    

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#32]
you know all of you people responding with plus ones, and you can leave, etc, are just proving how hostile these forums are getting.  I came here to ask a simple question, the mods appropriately answered and then you all chime in with your self righteous responses about being banned and leaving, just because those of us with posts counts under 500 have something to say doesn't mean that you should troll and blow shit all over us. FFS
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
you know all of you people responding with plus ones, and you can leave, etc, are just proving how hostile these forums are getting.  I came here to ask a simple question, the mods appropriately answered and then you all chime in with your self righteous responses about being banned and leaving, just because those of us with posts counts under 500 have something to say doesn't mean that you should troll and blow shit all over us. FFS

You are way out of line. You step up to the plate and tell people in your own words to "Eat a dick" on a technical forum, hey there's a bright idea

Then you tell folks you don't give a shit about anyone or anything and you bad mouth the very website you frequent..... another bright idea

You talk bad about the EE and how you won't "sell shit on here".. a third bright idea

Your bright ideas are starting to pile up

And then you try and make yourself look like all you did was come on here for technical advise and all of a sudden you are the innocent party...

If anyone is making someone under a 500 post count look bad it's yourself.

Again this is a technical forum, IMHO this thread should be locked due to inherent GD type discussion this is leading too. Too many of these threads are surfacing lately, getting very old.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Ok tell me this. Isn't doing a review in somewhat way promoting a product(be it good or bad, name recognition). The seller is not doing review but is having someone else do it for them and that inturn most likely leads to sales. So in other words it is a commercial for the seller and their product, so shouldn't those be banned too if they are not a paying customer?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I moderate (and have moderated) a different forum for the past 6 years, so I have some insight as to where these gentlemen are coming from. When people register in forums, they often don't read the rules, and sometimes just take outright shits on them. This leads to roughly 1/4-1/3 of them getting banned within about a week of them registering, which is a 25-33% attrition rate. People that generally survive the initial month go on to become productive, helpful, contributing members to the community, however there are always a few that hang around for no other apparent reason than to piss people off.

Someone who obeys the laws and respect them often has issues with people who question them and ignore them, especially when they are perceived to be nothing more than forum trolls. If you are a new guy to a forum, you aren't going to be able to change peoples' opinions of the rules, or you, until you have done something to contribute to the community. As it stands, it looks to them like you are just a troll here to start problems, and I can't say I blame them at this point.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok tell me this. Isn't doing a review in somewhat way promoting a product(be it good or bad, name recognition). The seller is not doing review but is having someone else do it for them and that inturn most likely leads to sales. So in other words it is a commercial for the seller and their product, so shouldn't those be banned too if they are not a paying customer?

That depends on what the review says about the product. On the forums I moderate, if people selling a product review their own product, or if the person reviewing the product can be connected in any way to the product, they get banned....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I see both sides here, we do need some rules but lets not get to heavy handed and crush the little guy with a possibly great new  product.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#39]

You are way out of line. You step up to the plate and tell people in your own words to "Eat a dick" on a technical forum, hey there's a bright idea

I said that in reference to the ones yapping about banning after all i did was ask a question.

Then you tell folks you don't give a shit about anyone or anything and you bad mouth the very website you frequent..... another bright idea

where was I on this one? i do believe I stated that others refer to this as barfcom, not myself.

You talk bad about the EE and how you won't "sell shit on here".. a third bright idea

again, where are you getting this? i said I won't sell shit here, didnt say a word about teh EE, and my reason for not selling is 1. i have nothing to sell, and 2. i dont agree with the seller rules.

so, in my closing argument, unless you have something beneficial to say as a moderator and not a troll, stfu, I received the answer I was after thanks to gunnut (a mod), and I don't need 50 trolls trying to yap about banning people or how great they are.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I see both sides here, we do need some rules but lets not get to heavy handed and crush the little guy with a possibly great new  product.

Herein lies the problem:

This website obviously costs a great deal of money to keep running. Most people on this website are not paying members, and thus, contributing nothing to keep the website running. Some members are paying members, and contribute a little to keep the website running. Then you have dealers and what-have-you that pay thousands to post their wares for all of us to see and purchase, which significantly helps to keep the website running.

If I am a dealer paying $1000+ to advertise my stuff on this website, what is my incentive to keep doing so, if people who have paid absolutely nothing are allowed to keep hawking their crap?

The tragic irony of all this is that the only people that are complaining are free members who have paid nothing....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
so, in my closing argument, unless you have something beneficial to say as a moderator and not a troll, stfu, I received the answer I was after thanks to gunnut (a mod), and I don't need 50 trolls trying to yap about banning people or how great they are.

You're a real "people person", aren't you?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a real "people person", aren't you?

It is truly beyond me how a someone like this can exist on this forum and not get booted. This is a technical forum, so I ask the mods how far do we let this guy go with GD type BS...language...attitude..etc.etc.etc....... before someone makes an example out of him. FOR REAL this is getting real old.

If anything is going to drive people away from here it's gonna be people like this kid. Calling those who have paved the way for him and this forum trolls, that is a bright statement
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Asked and Answered.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top