Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2002 5:30:56 PM EDT
Say you thought that you had a revolutionary new design for a firearm. What would you do with the plans?

1. Try to start your own business.

2. Sell them to a firearms company and get some royalties. (If so, who?)

3. What would you do if not the above things?
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a good pattend attorney.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I would patent it, bud.  After that, you have all those options and more.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
First thing I would do is patent the idea. Then, depending on whether it is a complete weapon or a modification to an existing weapon, I would shop the idea around with a manufacturer who produces similar weapon types. In other words if it is a completely new military type carbine, I would contact FN, Colt, Bushy etc. Also, to protect yourself in the case of an idea for a weapons system, and not an actual prototype, you can have any firearms mfg's in which you reveal your system details to, sign a non disclosure agreement. I got that last idea from shaggy when I asked him for advice on my sisters new product ideas for another business. Another very good resource is right here, we have a few guys on board here in the firearms biz like Shawn from Cavalry Arms and Tim(antiUSSA) from Castle Arms and Kurts Kustom who can be of great assistance if anyone has a potential product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top